3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need more info

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM
rbrumm
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New solenoid...no luck!

Anyone have other suggestions? The most obvious is take it to the mechanic, but I would like to know what happened or how to solve the problem.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The plug in the picture appears to be the range selector switch. It tells the computer what gear the transmission is in and acts like the neutral safety switch as well.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:25 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Have had it at the mechanics for better than 3 weeks now and he has diagnosed that I need a new computer. He has run ohm and voltage checks on everything with the tranny. Once he thought it was the fuse box but realized he was bypassing the computer to make the tranny operate correctly. He installed the governor pressure sensor (the one i recieved from the parts store was wrong). I have never owned a vehicle that a computer has gone out on before. The only thing wrong with the computer is that it throws the tranny in limp mode, obviously not good. I just wanted to let anyone reading this post to know what has been going on and see if anyone has other ideas or causes.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

Well broke down and got a rebuilt computer and had it installed. Good news! Tranny shifted fine...bad news computer was a POS and threw a p208 code so injector on #8 wasn't working properly. Damnit...Did these guys really reprogram the computer? I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves...hope they will do something for me since the mechanic has to reschedule it in and do the work again!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM
rbrumm
Veteran

OK I am ending this post Finally for anyone wanting closure to my issue...The second rebuilt computer fixed my problem...truck is back to normal!!!

Quick Reply: Need more info