3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Delay in throttle

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
I don't think any difference between the two handhelds would be worth the money loss or effort in switching...unless you're in need of a custom tune. As far as the tune...I love it! I added some timing down low awhile back and pulled some from the mid range (had some knock) and added fuel last week...she pulls surprising hard for a truck.
I didn't think that it would be worth it either but then I found a guy selling a DSP for $275, which got me to thinking about it again. All the additional options are what keeps drawing me back to the DSP.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Originally Posted by abarmby
That, or by having an 03 where you snip/pull out a wire in the TCM and yee haaa!!!!!!!!!..................no TM.
Al.
Originally Posted by HammerZ71
sadly, Chrysler figured that out and it only works on the '03s. Night and day difference too, adds more response than buying a $350 tuner!!!

I have an 03. What are the adverse affects of this surgery? Is it safe? My truck has 23k miles on it if that helps...

Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I like my shifts to hit and for the truck to move. To me, losing that is taking some of the fun out of driving it.

I see in your sig that you have the predator 91 tune on your truck. How does it run for you? I have been thinking about getting a DSP but I have been reading a thread on DT where a bunch of guys have had their trans fried by the DSP canned tunes. Even guys like me with 04's where the DSP doesn't have trans control have been having problems.
I've actually been following 2 threads on 2 different forums about Dodge Hemi Truck trannies being fried by Diablo tuners and another Hemi LX forum where engines are frying at an alarming rate with the same tuner installed. NOT GOOD!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:59 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've actually been following 2 threads on 2 different forums about Dodge Hemi Truck trannies being fried by Diablo tuners and another Hemi LX forum where engines are frying at an alarming rate with the same tuner installed. NOT GOOD!!!
Can you post links? I'd like to read up on what's happening and avoid the problem if possible.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Not good at all. There are A LOT of pissed off DSP owners out there right now.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Can you post links? I'd like to read up on what's happening and avoid the problem if possible.
Here is the one that I have been following. Just replace the astrics with d.o.d.g.e.t.a.l.k without the periods. Sorry but can't get around the censors any other way.

http://www.*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240043

Last edited by Off_Road_Teacher; 02-20-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
I have an 03. What are the adverse affects of this surgery? Is it safe? My truck has 23k miles on it if that helps...
They guys who have done it RAVE about how good it is. If you want some instructions on how to do it let me know. I got them on my computer.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:10 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

^^^Thanks for the link but I started reading and realized the OP is pushing 6psi..funny how he wants to blame diabo though.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

^^^Thanks for the link but I started reading and realized the OP is pushing 6psi..funny how he wants to blame diabo though.
Read further, there are about 6-8 other guys with the same problem and they are not running any serious power adders.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

While were on trany discution, I posted thread with this? When I'm at WOT and the truck shifts it shifts hard but it sounds like there is something sliping, like a grind or a belt sliping. Any info?

Quick Reply: Delay in throttle