3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 Failed PA state safety inspection

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 02:14 PM
matty_p
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like your dealing with the same morons I deal with at the dealership.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
matty_p
Professional

I'm game for a meet. Im in the North East.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
red06RAM
All Star

There is tons more info here http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/inspectio..._faq.shtml#Q13
You can also find a list of quality assurance people to file a complaint against an inspection station.

Edit: I posted in the regional section for PA meet.

Last edited by red06RAM; 02-21-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Bobby Ott

The free re inspection is only for emissions inspection and you have to show receiptfor repairs or for the parts
Originally Posted by matty_p
Question for you if you have your PA inspection license;

I was told by someone that if your vehicle fails inspection and you bring it back within a week they have to re-inspect it for free. The guy i took my wifes car to charged me a second time and whenI asked him abot the free re-inspect, he said there was no such law. Whats the deal??

I checked the PA state inspection laws on the PA DMV website, but could only find reasons for failure.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:24 PM
GatorKen
Talking She Passed

Well, Ken took the truck to another mechanic today and gee, The truck passed inspection with out needing a thing. Guess that Dealer was just trying to bring in a few $$ like other replies mentioned. Thanks all for your input, it helped put Ken in a better mood to see all of your posts supporting him.

Deanna

Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Originally Posted by GatorKen

Well, Ken took the truck to another mechanic today and gee, The truck passed inspection with out needing a thing. Guess that Dealer was just trying to bring in a few $$ like other replies mentioned. Thanks all for your input, it helped put Ken in a better mood to see all of your posts supporting him.

Deanna
Glad we could help. Thanks for the update.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
CliffB

Originally Posted by GatorKen

Deanna
Once you find someone to do an honest inspection in PA try to stick with him. Spend a little money with him for minor stuff once in a while and he'll always take care of you. Unfortunately the guys trying to get over on you really outnumber the good guys.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

LOL. GatorKen has 3 posts and 2 are from his wife/girlfriend.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 AM
GatorKen

LOL. GatorKen has 3 posts and 2 are from his wife/girlfriend.
I know he is planning on beefing up the front suspension by replacing the stuts/springs and tierods as they are OEM and he has heard that the OEM's are junk. With about 47,000 miles the warrenty is no longer in affect. We have read several online reports of the tierods going out at about 30,000 miles. That's why he wants to replace them this spring/summer with aftermarkets, when he has the time and $$, rather then when they finally fail at a bad time.

Thanks again, I'm sure we will be back and keep up with the forums.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Wow, makes me glad I live in a state that only has emmissions and only for vehicles that were made in 2004 or older. My truck falls right into the exempt catagory since its an 05'.

Quick Reply: 06 Failed PA state safety inspection