3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whats your workspace like?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeMiGoD
i just got an oven so i can powdercoat as well
How's that powdercoating setup coming? You baked anything yet?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:59 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Not yet, JUST got the oven this afternoon and i have to modify a few things inside, (bought a used household oven). A fabricator friend of mine will get on that prolly by friday. I ordered high heat tape, plugs and some black powder last night and should have that by friday as well. Im hoping to get my stock wheels done within 2 weeks or so. Needless to say ill keep you guys posted on how it turns out. Ill start with some scrap metal first to get a feel for it tho.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rent out a bottom of a barn for $200/month. you can fit 14 cars in it. its all cement floors, I block off a section of it for the winter to heat. I have 7 cars in it right now. I also rent out spots for storage some times too. but theres a stupid support beam that hangs down kinda low, and the ram is too tall to go under it. so theres just enought space to just pull it in. so that kinda sucks...

Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
sos
All Star

Either my parking spot in my condo lot, or my friends driveway or garage.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

My cramped 2 car garage if I have to do it at my place. My preference is my cousin's place with a large barn, tons of tools, beverages, etc. There's also the whole "knowledge" thing... it goes up exponentially when I'm not the one working on it.

joe

Old 02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

I don't have any place to work on it at home except the driveway, but I do have two other places I can work on it at.
1) My uncle's shed. 100' by 50', no heat or AC in it, so kinda cold in the summer.
2) 45,000 sq/ft shop, heated floors, complete washbay with a hotsy, and there are several mechanics around with lots of tools. One toolbox in there alone cost $30,000. So that place is nice to work in. Room full of jacks and various lifts works real nice.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

well....i have a 5 car garage that is usually full...but i usually work in there plus thats were all my tools are, otherwise I use my brothers 2 stall garage....

Old 02-22-2009, 10:02 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
i have a powdercoat setup here at my place....got an old household oven and a Craftsman powdercoat gun....works pretty damn good really....even got my own little paint booth setup too lol.....now if i could just have another garage to make a paint booth big enough to paint a car lol

Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hemiyellow
i have a powdercoat setup here at my place....got an old household oven and a Craftsman powdercoat gun....works pretty damn good really....even got my own little paint booth setup too lol.....now if i could just have another garage to make a paint booth big enough to paint a car lol
Havent used it yet but thats what i have. Im gonna take the bottom drawer from the oven and cut it into the rear of the oven so i have more room and am able to bake 22 inch wheels. Glad to hear its a decent setup!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

ummm, wherever my truck is parked

Quick Reply: Whats your workspace like?