3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar Nerf Bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Alwaysnaked
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mopar Nerf Bars

Looking for a little help here. Bought a 2006 Quad Cab and then purchased some direct from the dealer Mopar Nerf Bars for it. The intructions that came with them are pathetic to say the least.

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. They are suppose to mount to exsisting holes in the frame already. Tonight I started to look at how to install and realized that the braces that attach to the Nerf bar supports do not clearly fall into line with any exsisting holes in the trucks frame. The nerf bar supports are easy enough to install, it is just the brackets that attach to them that is the only issue. Was hoping someone here ran into the same problem, or might even possibly have a photo of some installed. Thanks for any info.

I wish the instruction came with a language on them instead of international "signs"...

Here are the instructions... http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-....ashx?id=14364

Last edited by Alwaysnaked; 04-01-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

Originally Posted by Alwaysnaked
I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. They are suppose to mount to exsisting holes in the frame already.
They attach to the body, not the frame. Some of the holes are covered with tape and painted.

Last edited by Rojhan; 04-01-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Alwaysnaked

Yes the saddles that hold the actual nerf bars attach to the body, but there are support brackets (1 for each saddle) that attach to the frame, those are what i am having prolems with.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

Originally Posted by Alwaysnaked
Yes the saddles that hold the actual nerf bars attach to the body, but there are support brackets (1 for each saddle) that attach to the frame, those are what i am having prolems with.
Those go to the body as well. I just double-checked my install. I have a QC and the 2-step version of the bars. Each set of saddle brackets attach to the inside side of the chassis and to the bottom of the chassis, outside the frame rail.

These are parts "E" and "G" in the diagrams at the bottom of the first page.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Alwaysnaked

Wow, humm Ok I believe you, just did not see how it was possible, mind you I was only under the truck for like 20 mins just loose fitting stuff. Just did not see where those brackets would/could attach. Well let me ask you, they do not attach to the same body holes that are right next to the saddle holes do they? Seemed like the angle of those brackets wanted to reach up and attach to the bottom of the truck, thats why I was saying frame.

Will give it another go tomorrow evening.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

Let me see if I can get a not-crappy camera phone pic of one of the attachment points.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Alwaysnaked

That would be outstanding... I feel like a real idiot for not seeing how it was suppose to fit together, normally I just throw instructions away on most everything...

Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

Driver side, front, from the rear.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Alwaysnaked

Ok Rojhan, thanks much for the help. Will let ya know how it goes. Hopefully will have it done by tomorrow evening.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Rojhan
Veteran

If I remember correctly, "loose fit" made things appear to not fit at all. Getting stuff to just less then finger tight changed alignment/fit dramatically.

Quick Reply: Mopar Nerf Bars