3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

More Recon Lights Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:23 PM
bolang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your lights look good.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks bolang, lights are the easiest mod and make it look soo much better i think!!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
bananafarmer
Professional

i just got a set of these but i was looking at the truck and i cant figure out which wire goes to the turn signal on the truck light and which wire goes to the running light on the truck light so that i can splice them in. If you could let me know what would be great

Old 04-21-2009, 09:57 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Turns signal? I've never heard of anyone tying the cab lights in to the turn signal... The wires to tap into are behind the passenger side a pillar. There is a five wire plug there. The wires are divided into two groups- a group of 3 (for the rear view mirror) and a group of two. the ones you want are in the group of two. There is a dark colored wire (ground) and a light colored wire (hot). It's easiest to tap them with a scotch lock.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Oh Rubberfrog I think hes talking about the running lights under the cab... those go to the turn signals.. It was easy to figure out.. theres 3 wires with the LED strips and 3 going into the running light because it does the turn signals to... I just cut the 3 wires and used a test light to figure out which wire does the running lights and which wire does the turn signal.. only 1 wire will light up with you put the running lights on..

Old 04-21-2009, 06:12 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

ok i just ran outside and pulled the headlights to check..

Passenger Side--

White = White (brown stripe)
Red = White (grey stripe)
Black = Black

Drivers Side--

White = White (green stripe)
Red = White (yellow stripe)
Black = Black

Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
AK Rover
Rookie

I like the look of the clearance lights. Really gives the big rig look. I have a set I bought for my old Dodge and still haven't got around to installing them. Maybe they'll make it on this truck.

I'm got the Firestorm tail light bar on my truck and it's awesome. Same as the Fire & Ice but has amber scrolling turn signals. I have yet to see another anywhere around town which makes it even better. I just wish the had the tail light converter out when I installed mine so I didn't have to run wires to the front turn signals and the third brake light.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

lights look good. I have been mulling the idea of putting cab lights on my truck, they would have to be the smoked ones. Not sure that I like the yellow/orange glow. Can you change the color of the bulbs? You have to cut holes into your roof dont you? Not sure I like that, how well do they seal if you do?

Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Amber is the only color allowed by law. You don't have to cut any holes, but you do have to drill. 15holes! 3 for each light- 2 holes at 1/8" for the mounts and a 3/8" hole for the wire harness. You seal them up with silicone. No worries about leaks, mine have been though some serious rain without leaking. I've installed these for a number of people and no ones come back with a leak.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 PM
bananafarmer
Professional

This is prolly a dumb question but i cant figure out how to pull my headlights. I unattached the 2 bolts on the front but i cant get it to budge. is there another bolt somewhere that i am missing or do i just need to pull harder

Quick Reply: More Recon Lights Installed!!