3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

More Recon Lights Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:58 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More Recon Lights Installed!!

So I got my Big Rig running lights from recon put on today.. they look pretty slick, now Im Just waiting for the Fire and Ice led strip for the back. Sorry the pics are a little blurry the camera doesnt like focussing without the flash.. I took pictures of both sides from the font and one of them is with the flash on, I also took a picture of both sides from laying under the front of the truck, and then I took 2 pictures close up of the light bars, one is just with the running lights on and then the other is with the turn signal on, trying to get a picture of the turn signal blinking was pretty hard!!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:45 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of y friends like these light, but I do. I have a friend with a flatbed and stacks, and I cant get him to install these. I like em, great install!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Those look great. I love em.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:50 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Thanks guys, I didnt notice til now but they look like a lighter yellow, must just be the camera. What do you guys think about puttin the dually fender lights on to, Im playin around with the idea.. Oh and rubber frog I watched your video on the cab light install before I did mine, your hillarious man, I just watched your body lift video yesterday and I think im gonna put a body lift on my truck now soon!!
http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?p...02-08&p_cat=36

Last edited by DodgeThunder; 04-06-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help!

Old 04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

yah one question is why are the kits so expensive for our trucks.. I put a PA kit in my 88 bronco and it was $100. Didnt come with bumper brackets though.. The PA kit for the 06-08 rams on ebay is $413.. What makes it soo special

Old 04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

$413 is a rip off. You can get it through amazon for $319 shipped. Some of the price has to do with the currently high price of metals. It also comes with the bumper brackets, like you mentioned. It's a quality kit and well worth the price!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

hmm amazon eh.. Theres a truck shop down the road, Im gonna head there today and see what they want for the PA kit, I was there on the weekend but didnt even think to ask.. What size tires are you running on your truck right now.. And what are those crush blocks for you put under the box, the kit for my bronco didnt come with anything like that

Old 04-06-2009, 03:16 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I'm running Dick Cepek FunCountry 35's. The crush blocks provide additional support under the bed rails. Very important if you still want to be able to use your bed.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Ah right on, 35s seem to be the most common here, I wanted to run 38s but after reading some stuff on here seemed like a bad idea with the IFS.. My old f150 was ok with 38s but that was TTB instead of IFS, same idea though i figured.. They just use crush blocks instead of having to supply 4 more of the actual circle mounts to save money i guess eh

Quick Reply: More Recon Lights Installed!!