3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

More Recon Lights Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:56 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I'm got the Firestorm tail light bar on my truck and it's awesome.
Where did you find that.. I was about to order the fire and ice the other day any my brother told me about that one he say in a mag but i cant find it on the recon site yet!! Im deffinately gonna go with that one!!

Originally Posted by dedogg
lights look good. I have been mulling the idea of putting cab lights on my truck, they would have to be the smoked ones. Not sure that I like the yellow/orange glow. Can you change the color of the bulbs? You have to cut holes into your roof dont you? Not sure I like that, how well do they seal if you do?
Yah like rubberfrog said.. 15 holes drilled.. its not that bad though.. after you drill the first one then you know your commited and gotta drill the rest!! I didnt silicone these ones cause there just temporary until I get my smoked ones in the mail, then im just gonna swith the lenses, should be here in a week or so!! Then ill silicone them once i change them but no leaks so far..

Originally Posted by bananafarmer
This is prolly a dumb question but i cant figure out how to pull my headlights. I unattached the 2 bolts on the front but i cant get it to budge. is there another bolt somewhere that i am missing or do i just need to pull harder
It took me a bit to figure out too.. undo the 2 in the front.. and theres one in the back.. its a nut.. and then the 4th thing is like a ball and socket.. gotta give it a good tug to get it all unhooked.. just keep pulling and itll pop and out it comes..

Old 04-22-2009, 03:21 PM
DodgeThunder
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bananafarmer I took some pictures for your viewing pleasures.. The first one is the little cover in the wheel well where the third bolt is hidden.. The second is the ball and socket setup that you have to tug out, and the last 2 is where i put my hands to pull really hard!!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Amber is the only color allowed by law. You don't have to cut any holes, but you do have to drill. 15holes! 3 for each light- 2 holes at 1/8" for the mounts and a 3/8" hole for the wire harness. You seal them up with silicone. No worries about leaks, mine have been though some serious rain without leaking. I've installed these for a number of people and no ones come back with a leak.
When are you coming to Cali? ; )

Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Second tuesday of next week!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

sweet we can knock my level, lift and lights all in one shot.

As far as drilling the holes, the measurements are where you want them to be? Or does it come with pre-designated measurements?

Last edited by dedogg; 04-22-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: More Recon Lights Installed!!