3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

underdrive pulley

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:32 AM
doodlebop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fox_racer627
Thinking of getting a new underdrive pulley. They're supposed to give about 12hp and 19ft lbs of torque on the hemi. Has anyone gotten one yet? If so does it work? I'm looking for any bolt ons to squeeze the most hp out of my engine without goin into it.

i put a summit underdrive damper pulley on my 06 trx and it helped the high end, but i drive it like i stole it. if you spend a lot of time in the low end of the power band u wont notice it as much. u can also tell the engine revs smoother with the pulley because its also a damper . have a legit mechanic put it on with the right tools. this is my third underdrive pulley i have installed on my cars, s10, stratus rt, and now my hemi, and i could tell the difference each time. also unless your running a high output stereo or are sitting in los angeles traffic for 4 hours stop and go u wont notice less charge. u will notice your ac is alittle less cool. my most honest answer .

Old 05-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

I don't have any knowledge of underdrive pulleys on a Hemi. However, I spend a lot of time on a 300M forum and a lot of those guys put 'em on their 300Ms. Nobody complains about the AC or alternator output. I know at least one guy who dyno'd before and after the underdrive pulley, and he really did see a HP and torque increase.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of you worry way to much about the pulley I put underdrive pulley's on my GT mustang and never noticed a problem at all with A/C alternator or even battery and I was also running a 2000watt sound system without ever having a problem and it gave a nice pull in the top end and I plan on adding a set to the hemi

Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

so the pully only effects the top end eh? ... no use of me putting on my dodge lol..

Quick Reply: underdrive pulley