3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust System Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will too soon . i read that as long as i keep the cats im good with emissons and that was my plan anyways. im not worried about the noise

Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Yeah, as long as you leave the cats you will be fine for emissions. Just watch out for that noise violation ticket. It is hard to stay out of that gas sometimes

Old 04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Yeah, as long as you leave the cats you will be fine for emissions. Just watch out for that noise violation ticket. It is hard to stay out of that gas sometimes
yea i should be good but ill just close it quickly if i get caught lol

Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'Eh, I'd probably do a cutout if this was on my old ram, but I just don't want to go that deep into this truck. Part of the reason I bought a new truck was because I didn't want to do what I always do, and that's dump excessive amounts of my hard earned money into my truck, it's a terrible addiction, especially when it comes to trading the vehicle in or selling it.

I just want to have a nice free flowing exhaust system, some dark tint, and possibly a cold air intake kit, and then just drive the truck and enjoy being in a clean newer styled truck. I must remain focused on putting all of my money into my bank towards the loan. After the exhaust installation, tint, cold air intake, weathertechs, hemi sticker removal + detail, and ipod hook up, I'll be around $1300. Right there that's too much, but I plan to not do anymore, and just save save save.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+2 on the cutout lol

Old 04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by 01DodgeRam360
'Eh, I'd probably do a cutout if this was on my old ram, but I just don't want to go that deep into this truck. Part of the reason I bought a new truck was because I didn't want to do what I always do, and that's dump excessive amounts of my hard earned money into my truck, it's a terrible addiction, especially when it comes to trading the vehicle in or selling it.

I just want to have a nice free flowing exhaust system, some dark tint, and possibly a cold air intake kit, and then just drive the truck and enjoy being in a clean newer styled truck. I must remain focused on putting all of my money into my bank towards the loan. After the exhaust installation, tint, cold air intake, weathertechs, hemi sticker removal + detail, and ipod hook up, I'll be around $1300. Right there that's too much, but I plan to not do anymore, and just save save save.
Are you still planning to do 50% on the front windows as far as tint to stay legal this time or are you going with limo again?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

After the exhaust installation, tint, cold air intake, weathertechs, hemi sticker removal + detail, and ipod hook up, I'll be around $1300. Right there that's too much, but I plan to not do anymore, and just save save save.
That price seems kind of steep for what you have listed. How much is that exhaust install costing you?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

The exhaust installation is $275. Not only is it the best price around here, he does by far the best work.

The tint is $255 including the windshield strip. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for front window percentage. I'm putting limo in the rear three windows because that's legal to do in Maine, however, 50% is the law for the front windows. I'd really like not to get pulled over. Not only did I just get a tint ticket three months ago, I really can't afford a ticket with this new truck payment. So the most I'll do is 35%, but I still could be risking it...

Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

The exhaust installation is $275. Not only is it the best price around here, he does by far the best work.

The tint is $255 including the windshield strip. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for front window percentage. I'm putting limo in the rear three windows because that's legal to do in Maine, however, 50% is the law for the front windows. I'd really like not to get pulled over. Not only did I just get a tint ticket three months ago, I really can't afford a ticket with this new truck payment. So the most I'll do is 35%, but I still could be risking it...
I see you got a ticket too. I ended up taking my 5% off after a ticket but man on man do I really miss it. How much do the tickets run their? I've thought about putting 50% up front as that's whats legal here but I just think it would be a waste. I had 35% on my truck when I got it for a few years or at least that's what shops told me it was and I never had a problem. It was faded a little though. I've really thought about going back with that but am afraid I'd get a ticket with that too.

I loved my tint but can't afford to keep getting tickets. I still have 5% over the rear factory ones though as it's legal.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah Wayne, I know exactly what you mean. I love limo tint all around, but it's just not feasible once you get pulled over. I didn't mind running it as long as I didn't get pulled over, but once I got a ticket for the front windows being limo tinted, it turned me off. I had to pay $135 just for some silly window tint, it sucked, and it was all my own fault. Today, I cannot afford to get another ticket on my record, or pay for another one now that I own a truck payment. So I'll probably just do limo tint in the rear, and 35% for the front windows. Get the median of 50% and limo tint. And hopefully it won't cause a scene.

Quick Reply: Exhaust System Questions