3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

cheapest place for hellas.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:43 PM
pavester
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a right up for a install of 4 hellas?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:28 PM
pavester
Professional

so im not exactlly good with the wiring and amps and whatnot.

i plan on installing 4 of them, i think someone else has done it on here before.

what would be a sufficient wire and amps to run 4 hellas, with 100wt bulbs. they will all go into one switch.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by pavester
so im not exactlly good with the wiring and amps and whatnot.

i plan on installing 4 of them, i think someone else has done it on here before.

what would be a sufficient wire and amps to run 4 hellas, with 100wt bulbs. they will all go into one switch.
have two relays, one for each pair. you can hook up both realys to the same switch. once you get them, read the instructions and see if you can get it. we'll help you out with details if you need help after reading it.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
pavester
Professional

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
have two relays, one for each pair. you can hook up both realys to the same switch. once you get them, read the instructions and see if you can get it. we'll help you out with details if you need help after reading it.

thanks. i think silverbullet might be helping out if he can get out to allen next weekend. so i might have a bit of experience in it.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:31 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

Damn Silver, you thread *****!!! Every other post is yours!!! lmao You know, Silver had trouble with his lights too... just so you know! Im kidding buddy, Nick k nows more than enough to help you out!

I got my rocker switch at autozone for like $6, if I remember right. I had the wiring already, but 14 Ga will run ya somewhere around $15 on a high note. Make sure you buy the in line fuse too, another few bucks.

I gave a link earlier for the writeup, in my first post on this thread. But here you go... https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...-properly.html

My friend has four of these lights with the 55w bulbs, but wired with 12 Ga wiring. His are on the outside of his bumper on a bar, and my two 100w bulbs smoke his lights!!! Hands down. The light is more than enough to actually be useful. Im run with them on most of the time at night, until I get HID's.

Heres where I have mine mounted. On the left side of the steering wheel, next to my dummy switch, which is the one on the right. Name:  winchlights002.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  43.5 KB

I would say a 15-20 amp fuse will be plenty, but you might want somebody to second that one. Im running a 15 for two lights on 14 Ga. Plenty, especially for a 30A rocker.

here you can see the in line fuse...

heres the difference in 55w and 100w. Can you tell the difference? Some cant...

Name:  winchlights013.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  22.3 KB

Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 AM
pavester
Professional

DOH i didnt notice that the ebay seller, was selling the hellas in set of 2 so while i ordered 4 thinking i would get 4 lights. im actuallyy getting 8 hella 500 lights. bwhaha. i might return the other 2 sets to walmart.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Cheeech
Banned

i might return the other 2 sets to walmart.
They only allow 2 or 3 returns within a year if you don't have a reciept. It's based on Driver license history with them. They won't even give cash refund, just store credit. Target is the same way.

I don't buy from Amazon anymore. NYS gets charged sales tax for anything purchased from Amazon regardless of where the seller is located. Thanks to the Governer...jerk....lol

Last edited by Cheeech; 05-04-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 PM
05hemipwrd
Rookie

DOH i didnt notice that the ebay seller, was selling the hellas in set of 2 so while i ordered 4 thinking i would get 4 lights. im actuallyy getting 8 hella 500 lights. bwhaha. i might return the other 2 sets to walmart.
wanna sell 2?

Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

I would sell two... I will take a set if you want to get rid of em... PM me

Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
pavester
Professional

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
Damn Silver, you thread *****!!! Every other post is yours!!! lmao You know, Silver had trouble with his lights too... just so you know! Im kidding buddy, Nick k nows more than enough to help you out!

I got my rocker switch at autozone for like $6, if I remember right. I had the wiring already, but 14 Ga will run ya somewhere around $15 on a high note. Make sure you buy the in line fuse too, another few bucks.

I gave a link earlier for the writeup, in my first post on this thread. But here you go... https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...-properly.html

My friend has four of these lights with the 55w bulbs, but wired with 12 Ga wiring. His are on the outside of his bumper on a bar, and my two 100w bulbs smoke his lights!!! Hands down. The light is more than enough to actually be useful. Im run with them on most of the time at night, until I get HID's.

Heres where I have mine mounted. On the left side of the steering wheel, next to my dummy switch, which is the one on the right.

I would say a 15-20 amp fuse will be plenty, but you might want somebody to second that one. Im running a 15 for two lights on 14 Ga. Plenty, especially for a 30A rocker.

here you can see the in line fuse...

heres the difference in 55w and 100w. Can you tell the difference? Some cant...

in that second to last picture, is that two inline fuses?

Quick Reply: cheapest place for hellas.