3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

This issue is for the Professionals

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:49 AM
AhmedRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This issue is for the Professionals

Well yesterday i with a friend of mine who own a land crusier 100 and he went to meet the ARB dealer. well i sat with the guy who is in charge and i got alot of mixed information. well for a start he was telling me that the ARB LSD is way better than my Detroit lockers coz it works with the air compressor and all that stuff. he also states that ARB lockers with the air control are cheaper and they will supply a small air compressor so you will get an air compressor that will be useful for other stuff.
2nd thing is that he told me that the Rancho RS9000 shocks, which have the 9 settings, are so bad and the company was so cheap that they wanted to make 1 shock to save making many shocks. i will explain this part, well he was saying that Old Man EMU which are the shocks used by ARB, they make a specific shock for every specific weight. so they have like 5 shocks. one for 100 kg and one for 250 kg and others for 500 kg and 600kg. Rancho on the other side were cheap and made one shock with nine settings and that is not useful and not durable. Old Man EMU are way better and way professional than Rancho. also, he is saying that Skyjacker is the best suspension lift system and still way better than Rancho and any other brand.
3rd he was talking about headers and that there are 3 different kinds of hearders. he was talking about long and short and i dont remeber the third. well he was saying that the long tubes that are combined at the lower part of the engine near the Cats are way better for low and high end torque. i need you ppl to tell me about that part coz i have no clue about it.
so to end this long post he was saying that ARB is the best thing ever and i dono i didnt like that dude and i was so pissed. i just needed to talk to anyone about that meeting coz i couldnt hold it in anymore lol. this dude races in the rally races that take place in north africa and all that stuff, so he is a pro.
i hope you help me out with the ARB issues and shocks. thanx

Old 05-08-2009, 09:06 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

tell the guy to go suck somethin. ARB lockers are not an LSD. tell him to flip on an ARB on a snowy day and see what happen when he hits a dry spot in the middle of a turn. the best solution for a street truck is an LSD, street driveable and plenty offroad performance. and Detroit makes probably the best out there.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Over Opinionated, Over Biased, A$$HOLE!!!

Making a blanket statement that the product HIS company sells is irresponsible! The ARB unit is a true LOCKER, not an LSD. Compared to LSDs, a locker has advantages as well as disadvantages, depending on the intended use. An air locker, compared to a standard locker, also has distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Same with the lifts. Skyjacker is a great lift, and if I had intended to go 6", it would have been my choice. But you CANNOT compare it to a 4" lift. Given the same size tires (35") the lower lift offers a better ride, with much less body lean, with the exact same ground clearance, meaning you can be more aggressive off-road! It's simple physics. The advantage of the Skyjacker is simply that it allows 37" tires, if that is what you want. I only intended 35s, which is why I chose the Rancho. To say that one is better than the other without knowing the intended use, is again, irresponsible.
They are both HIGH END lift kits, utilizing a solid box-type sub-frame, instead of a couple simple cross-members like the less expensive kits.

Since we've already determined the guy doesn't knows his A$$ from a hole in the ground, I'm not going to get into his shock or header opinions...

Old 05-08-2009, 09:44 AM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

and as for rancho rs9000 shocks,I used to have them on my old toyota,ford and chevy that i used to beat the living hell out of in the california desert ( all were 4x4) and i would recommend them to anyone that has a 4x4 that they use regularly for off roading.I have never broke or blown one.On the other had one time i had Bilstein shocks on an old dune buggy and broke booth rear shafts on the rear at the sametime.I went back to camp and put 2 of the rs9000's on the rear of it( took them off of my truck for thr rest of the weekend.I had to keep driving!)and they made that buggy soar.Well to make along story short.When i got home i bought 4 new rs9000 shocks for the buggy and never had to replace them ever.I had them on there for like 6-7Years.......the i sold it

Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Shocks

It would be great to have the EXACT shock for my truck. Which one is it? Does this anushole know? How many do I have to buy before I ever truly know which one is best suited for MY personal preferences? How much $$$ does that cost? That's where the rancho comes in. You don't have to guess which one is the best shock, you install the rancho and then adjust it until you find the setting you like.

Go back to that guy and teabag him.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM
AhmedRam
Professional

thank you. now i feel better...now i really feelll sooo much much better. i hate that dude and his Nissan Patrol. i knew all that was crap.....i love u ppl lol....next time im gona call u so u can come and kick his nutt with me. Go Rancho and Go Detroit TruTracs and TRUCKS.....lol

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by AhmedRam
thank you. now i feel better...now i really feelll sooo much much better. i hate that dude and his Nissan Patrol. i knew all that was crap.....i love u ppl lol....next time im gona call u so u can come and kick his nutt with me. Go Rancho and Go Detroit TruTracs and TRUCKS.....lol
uuummm, glad we could help? LMAO

Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM
michaelahess
Professional

way.....dude. It's the new "um"!

Sorry, just got a good laugh reading your post. My wife would smack you upside the head with a tire iron if you talked like that around her. I learned quickly not to use that word.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he is trying to take advantage of you and your wallet by bashing every thing else and only saying his is the best as far as headers I only knew of shorty and long and each offer great gains in low end and high
Take a tire iron to that dudes face and tell him hope they make a shock absorber for that lol

Old 05-08-2009, 06:07 PM
AhmedRam
Professional

lol it that me who is gona be smacked with a tire iron? hahahahaha

Quick Reply: This issue is for the Professionals