3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

most affordable 6" lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
xill
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CreativeOffroad
You might think that but my 2wd pounds the hell outta the desert
as long as there aren't any major holes where i can get two wheels swallowed up my truck does pretty good as well. ive taken it to the local landfill a couple times already and i was surprised that i didnt have any problems sloshing up the steep hills bouncing all over the place through the muddy sand behind the water truck. made me proud of my investment that day too bad i didnt have a camera crew with me, it probably wouldve made for a nice magazine ad for dodge lol

Last edited by xill; 05-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dedogg
cant go wrong with B/L IMO.

Nitto how much of your wheel liners did you have to cut? Did you use gap guards? If so how do they work after cutting the wheel liners up front?
I just remolded the wheel well liners. I cut the Metal on the fender and also cut the fender flare there I cut the metal.

Drivers front

Passenger front

Yes I used gap guards, however if I ever do it again I will go buy some rubber and make them myself. There is nothing to them and they cost way too much.

Last edited by dodgenitto; 05-18-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

I agree I will do the same thing. Hmmm not sure that I want to start cutting away the metal on my truck yet. Maybe 35's are more my style : )

Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dedogg
I agree I will do the same thing. Hmmm not sure that I want to start cutting away the metal on my truck yet. Maybe 35's are more my style : )
You could go with 36's and be fine. I am actually going to go with 36's next time around and I am going to get new front fender flares to hide the cut. However no one has ever noticed that I cut them.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 AM
xill
Captain

alright i ran across a pic of a ram tonight and i 100% have my mind made up about what i want. my problem is figuring out the tires & wheels this rig has so i can mimic the sizes (the info wasnt listed). cant figure out if these tires are 33s or 35s. the wheels seem to be 18s or 20s to me and judging by the wheel depth and how the tires line up with the fender flares i'd venture to guess the wheels are 9s in width with the tires at about 12 or 12.5.

so here's my soon-to-be lift configuration: 3" spindle lift in front with 3" shackle lift and 2" add-a-leaf kit out back (i like the trucks *** in the air - even more than stock). here's the ram im trying to mimic, can anyone help me out with a good guess as to the sizes and if 35x12s would be okay with the lift setup im looking at? id really like the tires to stick out about an inch past the fender flares thanks guys

Old 05-19-2009, 06:59 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

IDK, that reminds me a ***** in heat.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by weedahoe
IDK, that reminds me a ***** in heat.
LOL!! didnt think of it like that. still like the rear high stance though

Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM
CreativeOffroad
Captain

If you still want the rear-end of the truck higher then the front then just buy a body lift and install that by itself. That'll lift it up 3" and it'll still have the nose-down appearance.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Those are 33s on 18s.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
xill
Captain

Originally Posted by CreativeOffroad
If you still want the rear-end of the truck higher then the front then just buy a body lift and install that by itself. That'll lift it up 3" and it'll still have the nose-down appearance.
only things i dont like about a body lift is having to modify the radiator position, gas filler neck, & master cylinder brake lines. for the small amount of lift i want, spindles, shackles, & leaf springs seem to be a bit of a cleaner install, especially if i decide to remove the lift later. i could be wrong though, i havent done this before. still in the researching stage right now

Quick Reply: most affordable 6" lift