3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

most affordable 6" lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:07 PM
xill
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
That's a pretty good deal. I just looked them up, wow, there are so fewer components required to lift a 4x2!!!

Basically you get the spindles, new coil springs (from what I'm reading, you cannot use the spacers with the spindles, so new springs are required) blocks and U bolts.

Because that's basically it, I can't see a real difference from one brand to another.

Going price for that kit is right at $1000 before shipping. So the guy wants $500 for the installation and alignment. It's not the steal of a lifetime, but a good deal...
thats one of the reasons i've been looking at piecing together my own "kit". i've looked at alot of different kits (even though most dont even have a package for my 07 1500 2WD) and there really doesnt look like much to them. the most expensive parts are the spindles, but i can get 4" lift spindles on ebay for my truck for about $500. the rest is $50 here, $75 there. im on a mission to put together my own 6-7" kit for under $700 to leave some cash for other stuff i don't want to wait on either didnt know you couldnt use coil spacers with larger coils though will have to research that a bit. that's my main hang up right now, trying to figure out if i can use 3" coil spacers, or if i NEED new coils right now. the rear is easy, blocks & shackles and you're done

Quick Reply: most affordable 6" lift