3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Fog light kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 11:44 AM
hozz
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light kit

So I ordered the Mopar fog light kit for my 04 ram. How difficult will it be to install? Is the wiring in place or do I have to run my own wiring? I am trying to figure out what it entails...now that I have already ordered it :-)

Old 03-18-2005, 02:38 PM
lucky13rme
Rookie
Default RE: Fog light kit

there is a wiring harness and swich available seperately from the fog light kit to make a clean factory install.

Old 03-19-2005, 09:25 AM
alienyzf
Professional

ORIGINAL: lucky13rme

there is a wiring harness and swich available seperately from the fog light kit to make a clean factory install.
The part number's are, 56045537ac (headlight switch), 56045501ac (wiring harness). You can get them at your local Chrysler parts dept. . If you are already pre wired. If you look behind your driver side fog light and see a red capped harness you are pre wired. If not the only hard part of the directions is to solder the power of the switch to the headlight. I just ran it to the battery so I can turn the fog lights on whether the low beams are on or not. I also didn't want to spend an extra 100 bucks for the wire and switch. If you cancel your order there is a guy on ebay selling the direct pluggin kit for 140's. It was already to late for me.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 AM
magnum v8
Professional

I've got the harness with the red cap hangin on my driver's side, right behind the bumper. So does this mean I only need the actual fog lights? What about how they turn on? Will they turn on with the low beams? How do I separate them from the low beams?

John

Old 03-19-2005, 10:54 AM
alienyzf
Professional

ORIGINAL: magnum v8

I've got the harness with the red cap hangin on my driver's side, right behind the bumper. So does this mean I only need the actual fog lights? What about how they turn on? Will they turn on with the low beams? How do I separate them from the low beams?

John
you need the part #s i mentioned and the lights. Keep looking on ebay to save $ and headache.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:45 PM
hozz
Rookie

Why if I order the Mopar kit do I need additional part numbers??

Old 03-24-2005, 05:16 AM
bullitt1229
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hozz

Why if I order the Mopar kit do I need additional part numbers??
Because I believe the kit you ordered has the push switch that you have to mount as opposed to the pull switch that comes stock. I recently had to replace one of my foglights and went ahead and bought a whole new kit at the dealership (they were on sale). It came with both foglights and all the wiring needed, but since I didn't need the wiring, I just sold that on ebay. By the way, the foglights are interchangeable, meaning the left can go on the right and vice versa. That's the reason I decided to go ahead and buy the kit, that way if I ever need another foglight, I have an extra.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
status1

Hello,
I have some question about the fog light harness part number 56045501ac
Is that like a universal type for chrysler jeep dodge ? I looked up that part and it shows for all those makes
Is that for trucks only ?
Basically what I am asking is could I use that harness in a 2007 dodge charger ?
Will it plug into the mating connector on the charger ?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

its very possible.. you have to run the part numbers for each the charger and the ram

Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 PM
brettj2408
Captain

they are very easy to install. make sure and get the kit. it comes with a relay, switch and the lights with the mounting kit.
very easy install. takes maybe half hour to 45 min.
instead of tapping into the lowbeam power wire tap into the yellow wire off the park light. so you can choose park lights with fog lights and headlights with fog lights

Quick Reply: Fog light kit