3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spark plug problems?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:00 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gellin9o9
im doing y own plug swap aswell and i seen that you guys are using the copper plugs i was told the best to use were the iriduim plugs especially for the waste plug anyone using these ones cause allthese plugs just sey me back a buck twenty
Everything I've read says that the Hemi's do better (or at least the same) with the cheap copper plugs. Heck, the non-copper plugs used by the guy who started this thread caused him problems. I know I'm using the copper plugs and they are fine. On the other hand, I don't drive my truck that much, so 30k miles is a long time between spark plug changes!

joe

Old 06-30-2009, 02:07 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran

Originally Posted by BEAR
You should have timed yourself the last time and seen if you can beat Ramhunter1!!
How fast did he do it? i did my wires also and it took me a little over an hour and a half for everything, a big improvement compared to the first time i did it which was over 3 hours

Old 06-30-2009, 06:46 AM
butch1581
Captain

I did my plugs and used th NGK V-Power, Gapped, Anit-Sieze, Dialectric grease......Smooth as can be. I did not remove the tire either, you can get at all of them from the top. Seems like more work to remove the tire to me.....whatever. On the 03's do they not have coil packs? just wondering about the wires? My 06 has coil packs so no wire changes for me....

Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran

Originally Posted by butch1581
I did my plugs and used th NGK V-Power, Gapped, Anit-Sieze, Dialectric grease......Smooth as can be. I did not remove the tire either, you can get at all of them from the top. Seems like more work to remove the tire to me.....whatever. On the 03's do they not have coil packs? just wondering about the wires? My 06 has coil packs so no wire changes for me....
03's have the coil packs going to the main spark then off of that connects a wire and runs to the offspark of another cylinder. i think they only kept the design for a couple years so i'm sure it wasnt that great or they would have kept it...

Quick Reply: Spark plug problems?