3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

our truck got broken into

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Steve1990
damn man, I'm glad hard working people get the things they really want and the people who don't do s*** just try to take what they want

lol at least its in a spot where the thief can't get it but by the time you get to it, everything will all be said and done with you know?
pretty much.

My dad told GEICO that we want to repaint the door, meaning new emblens, weather seal, re-key the whole truck, and a few other things.

He went to Masnfield Auto Body, they called dodge, ran the VIN, found out there wasn't a key cylinder. The truck is already scratched up, so not gonna bother with that (duplicolor scratch fix FTW), so $120 for the handle and that's it.

But like he told the body shop- when i bring the dako in, it'll be the other way around (no insurance).

Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 AM
jarhead03
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me they knew what you had in the truck. I would think about that as well. Might be someone you know etc. This is why I wish there was an alarm system with electroshock capabilities. As soon as they touch anything.......... ZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!! Of course it would suck to forget to turn it off when getting into it LOL. But how many times would you forget to turn it off before start remembering!!!!!! LOL!! Only once for me !

Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 AM
magnethead
Legend

Originally Posted by jarhead03
Sounds to me they knew what you had in the truck. I would think about that as well. Might be someone you know etc. This is why I wish there was an alarm system with electroshock capabilities. As soon as they touch anything.......... ZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAPPPPPPP!!!!!! Of course it would suck to forget to turn it off when getting into it LOL. But how many times would you forget to turn it off before start remembering!!!!!! LOL!! Only once for me !
we literally just moved here...not even 30 days.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
cmherrmann

Home owners should cover the contents of the truck that was stolen but you probably have a $500.00 or $1,000.00 deductible on it.

Here is what you need to get to protect your truck.

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/44/1/

Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cmherrmann
Home owners should cover the contents of the truck that was stolen but you probably have a $500.00 or $1,000.00 deductible on it.

I must get me a trunk monkey! lol I guess I need a quad cab monkey actually.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

My friend's truck had the EXACT same thing happen at the Bestbuy at Cooper and 20...The hulk came and ripped his door handle off and they jacked his subs but were too stupid to check the glovebox and find his ipod and gps.

Prob the same people. What idiots. The better question is how in the hell did no one notice...? If I was driving by and saw someone doing that you better believe I'm stopping.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
magnethead
Legend

Originally Posted by Ice-Forever
My friend's truck had the EXACT same thing happen at the Bestbuy at Cooper and 20...The hulk came and ripped his door handle off and they jacked his subs but were too stupid to check the glovebox and find his ipod and gps.

Prob the same people. What idiots. The better question is how in the hell did no one notice...? If I was driving by and saw someone doing that you better believe I'm stopping.
When was this?

That's 3 smash and grabs in the same complex.

*cough*Arlington po-po's...do you know what a Sting operation is??*cough*

Wonder if i should put my mom's old schwinn bike in the bed of my Dako or something....my bike is an aluminum aero tube bike...at 5 pm on a friday night. Maybe leave the door unlocked with an electronic something on the seat.

And I can scoot both seats back and console up and hide in the rear floorboard and they wouldnt see me till I tazed em. (gotta get a tazer)

Last edited by magnethead; 07-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by magnethead
When was this?

That's 3 smash and grabs in the same complex.

*cough*Arlington po-po's...do you know what a Sting operation is??*cough*
It was a while back. That was the second time his truck got broken in to as well. The first time they didn't take his subs, idk. The second time they were prepared I guess, haha.

Arlington is getting kinda ghetto up that way...The parks mall is overrun with minorities entirely now. It used to be a big white high school kid hangout, but now they even have minority employees at like Abercrombie and Hollister. I hadn't been there in a while and it blew my mind lol.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cmherrmann

Trunk monkey..lmao

Home Owners WILL NOT cover the truck that's parked in a furniture store parking lot.
Homeowners won't even cover a tree that falls on a vehicle parked in your own yard. That's what Auto insurance is for.
Let's say my garage burns down and my truck was inside. Home Owners won't cover the vehicle regardless of having auto insurance or not.
Let's say your truck was parked Inside your garage at your home and it was broken into as well as your home. HomeOwners insurance will only cover househlod items. You must go through your auto insurance carrier for anything that was taken from inside the truck. That means 2 claims. One for auto and one for home.

Where did you even come up with the idea of Homeowners covering his truck in a furntire parking lot??WTF???

Old 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
magnethead
Legend

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Trunk monkey..lmao

Home Owners WILL NOT cover the truck that's parked in a furniture store parking lot.
Homeowners won't even cover a tree that falls on a vehicle parked in your own yard. That's what Auto insurance is for.
Let's say my garage burns down and my truck was inside. Home Owners won't cover the vehicle regardless of having auto insurance or not.
Let's say your truck was parked Inside your garage at your home and it was broken into as well as your home. HomeOwners insurance will only cover househlod items. You must go through your auto insurance carrier for anything that was taken from inside the truck. That means 2 claims. One for auto and one for home.

Where did you even come up with the idea of Homeowners covering his truck in a furntire parking lot??WTF???
our grandpa actually said the same thing, his homeowners covered some things that were stolen from his Caddy a few years back in a parking lot.

Quick Reply: our truck got broken into