3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'06 MegaCab A/C - A/C Experts Needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 AM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 07 MC no problems wit AC at all

Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
hemi slappin
Professional

yea my a/c doesnt blow that hard.. one day it sounded like the fan was spining so hard but nothing was really coming out.. and under the glovebox is where the compressor or fan is and it was vibrating real hard then one day sounded like a bee bee was dropped on the fan and it stopped being so loud but now the air doesnt blow as hard as it used too.. it sounds like its pushing a lot of air out but not that much is coming with it... sounds like a muffled airboat

Old 11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I know it's an old post, but I put 35% tint(99% UV block) on my front windows of my QC and it made a big difference on cooling in hot weather. May also look into getting a short front windhield strip as well.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
sherfield2002

since others have brought up this old post, have you tried adding a valve in the heater hose? see a DIY here http://www.*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265538
edit: the stars should say dodge talk.com, without the space in between.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:47 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

Originally Posted by hemi slappin
yea my a/c doesnt blow that hard.. one day it sounded like the fan was spining so hard but nothing was really coming out.. and under the glovebox is where the compressor or fan is and it was vibrating real hard then one day sounded like a bee bee was dropped on the fan and it stopped being so loud but now the air doesnt blow as hard as it used too.. it sounds like its pushing a lot of air out but not that much is coming with it... sounds like a muffled airboat
You have a broke recerc door no way around it

Old 12-07-2009, 06:52 PM
joshotter

Since someone brought this old thread up I have a question? Has anyone with an '06 mega cab removed that sock/filter that is getting clogged up? I have more free time than I want and figured now would be a good time to remove it. I get very little air coming out like everyone else. It heat's up, but not enough. So if anyone has done this and has any tips or tricks I would appreciate it.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

must be a 06 and under thing as my 07 cools and heats like a champ

Old 08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
hayajustin

I have a 2008 mega cab with a hemi. I believe there is nothing wrong with my blower fan and the air ducting in my truck. Simply put, I would like the air to get cooler faster. I have good charge and the a/c does work well when it is cooler. I have heard of people adding an additional condenser fan. Has anyone tried it?

Old 07-15-2015, 03:10 PM
sharkdaddy
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 mega cab same thing I'm there with you

My air sucks too, everybody giving advise consider yourself lucky. Shouldn't matter where vents pointing at you or not. Dodge shutouts step up to the plate and take responsibility. If you screw up what happens??? I get no air flow at all barely enough to fight off sweat. My truck has been on since 05:00 am this morning. 09' has no rear air vents how stupid was dodge to do that. They need to be beat sensless. No my recip door isn't broke, pulled fan motor door works fine, can't get anyone to tell me what servo to disconnect to open what door I need in order to get full air. Here in Texas I could care less about any doors close or not just need full air. Not pushing enough air to cool whole cab off. Thinking about hanging a sheet of plastic behind front seats and shutting off back

Quick Reply: '06 MegaCab A/C - A/C Experts Needed