3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Competition with dad!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good intake
Good exhaust SYSTEM
Gears
Programmer
Cam
-Keeps you under the high 4 digit mark, everything after this is $$$$$

Old 07-26-2009, 11:26 AM
mxculture
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I DID install it right. I personally called aFe with my concerns to this and they told me they were actually working on a pipe to meet the throttle body and should be out by mid august if all testing goes right and it gets approved by whomever does the approving in the US. They fully agreed with why I was a tad disapointed and were good to deal with.

Last edited by mxculture; 07-26-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Bertens
Professional

They agreed with you, are they sending out the new piece to you free of charge when its ready?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:59 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Bertens
They agreed with you, are they sending out the new piece to you free of charge when its ready?
If they do it'll be out of the kindness of their heart. There's always been a pic of the installed CAI when I was looking at them so it's not the manufacturers fault.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, you can get a BFI for less then that....

I would do gears they would definatly help you out. and before you go and race. when hes not looking. take his tuner and put his truck back to stock.. lol

Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 PM
mxculture

The questions I ask to the custom auto shop i buy from...they never know so i think im better off to call the manufactors myself to find out more info...or just ask on here. I think ill have to pay for it but I dont care about that. Im gonna be going with the diablosport tuner...The edge evolution for my 07' boasts 35HP but I didnt see any dyno charts. Ill be installing a magnaflow cat back mid-august..can i still install a magnaflow Y pipe with only a catback? About the gears....would this be good for everyday use? Im an ironworker and we go wherever the jobsite is...which is alot of out of town work and its nothing to do over 1000km a week...I dont want to have crazy bottom end but no top end know what i mean? And the cams too...what kind of power will this give me?

Last edited by mxculture; 07-28-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Bertens
Professional

Im not too sure on gears cause i have bever had them but you can have the Y welded in whenever. It is before the cat so it isnt effected by a cat back system installation.

Quick Reply: Competition with dad!