3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need new rotors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:24 PM
matty_p
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new rotors!!!

I have to replces my rotors on my 05 ram after 65,000 miles of hard driving. looking for an upgrade because I tend to overload my truck quite often and want some extra stopping power. Looked at the EBC's, but haven's really found anything else. Anyone have any suggestions????

Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Powerslot?
I would check out Airram's website and he can hook you up with everything you need!

Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

I found some drilled AND slotted rotors locally for a steal....not sure what brand they are. otherwise, there were some heavy duty ones for about $75/pc. Ill probably get the drilled and slotted ones in the next month or so.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:42 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Rotor brand has everything to do with it. It's the metal used and the treatment of them. Also, if you get regular uncoated rotors, they will rust all over.
Me personally. i would go with the Powerslot Cryogenic treated rotors along with some Hawk LTS pads. Also, no drilled for me. Especially on trucks. They will crack, it's just a matter of time. Slotted only for street cars & trucks.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
abarmby
Champion

I've just bought and fitted some front EBC 3GD slotted and partially drilled rotors last week.
I completed them with a set of Greenstuff P6000 pads.
They seem excellent.
My ceramic pads I had on with some Centric rotors didn't have the wear/squeel tab fitted on them.
I didn't check the pad wear and I goosed a set of perfectly good rotors.
Moral of the story........ check stuff regularly.
Al.

Last edited by abarmby; 07-24-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 AM
matty_p
Professional

Any other respectable brands out there besides powerslot and EBC. Looking for something maybe a little cheaper but with good stopping. Not taking the truck racing, just want to make sure that i can stop when I have a load on it. Also don't want to go with junk. Saw a few on e-bay that were like $219 for the front and rear slotted rotors, but I have never heard of them. They were e-line or e-mil performance. Kind of weary of it.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:24 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got my drilled and slotted rotors from napa, with the ceramic pads. i have about 5k on them now and havent had any problems.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by matty_p
Any other respectable brands out there besides powerslot and EBC. Looking for something maybe a little cheaper but with good stopping. Not taking the truck racing, just want to make sure that i can stop when I have a load on it. Also don't want to go with junk. Saw a few on e-bay that were like $219 for the front and rear slotted rotors, but I have never heard of them. They were e-line or e-mil performance. Kind of weary of it.
There's always autozone blanks...they've always worked for me but they might not last as long as powerslots or brembos. They do come with autozones 2 year warranty though. The fronts are around $80 a set and the rears are like $60 a set.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:35 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just wanted to add,that rotor breakin is super important.thats what makes them last longer.

but cannt seem to find the link to breakins. i will post it up when i do.

Quick Reply: Need new rotors!!!