3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lowered Trucks: tech and info....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010 | 11:35 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

i like the look look on mine. i have the hemi and like to burn my tires from time to time. the tires make me feel safer. here is a pic

Old 04-16-2010 | 11:48 AM
Desert_Ram
Veteran

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
i have 305/45 and i love them 3/5 drop
what drop do u have okla?

Old 04-16-2010 | 12:54 PM
rbeard79
Amateur

For the guys with the McGaughy's drops, would you recommend ordering new bump stops from them or just getting some from Auto ZOne or somewhere like that. The kit I got is used and did not come with the bumps. I am gonna get some for the front from AZ, but didn't know about the back ones?? Any help would be great. If anyone has a pic of the bump stops from McGaughy's, I would appreciate being able to see it. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will go on very soon!!

Old 04-16-2010 | 03:25 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by rbeard79
For the guys with the McGaughy's drops, would you recommend ordering new bump stops from them or just getting some from Auto ZOne or somewhere like that. The kit I got is used and did not come with the bumps. I am gonna get some for the front from AZ, but didn't know about the back ones?? Any help would be great. If anyone has a pic of the bump stops from McGaughy's, I would appreciate being able to see it. Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will go on very soon!!
Rbeard,
I didn't like the bump buttons that came with my kit. So I ordered a set from Jeg's #19-1314 Bump Stop 1" Multimount Made by Prothane Motion Control. Just got them today. I haven't mounted them yet. But they are certainly bigger than what I now have on there.

Update: I went out to the shop and compared the new bump stops with the hole spacing of the original bump stops I took off a long time ago. The holes on the new bumps are about a 1/4" off. The holes on the new will need to be slightly lenghtened. Not a big deal but I wanted to mention it as they are NOT direct bolt on's. Good Luck...

Old 04-16-2010 | 10:40 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

Originally Posted by azskater87
what drop do u have okla?

ground force

Old 04-17-2010 | 03:24 AM
blackmamba13
Professional

Hey guys...didn't think to ask this earlier but just occured to me the other day. So as I have mentioned before I will be lowering the rear with the drop shackles and I've pretty much decided I would do the O/L delete to achieve that level I want. So what about the shocks do I need to change those or can I leave the bilsteins that I got on there? BTW this past week I put a new grill, headlights, and magnaflow dual exhaust on my ride! Had a flow master single on before. Big improvement to me.

Old 04-17-2010 | 08:57 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

new shock will help ride quality at the least you should get shock extenders so you can run your stockers. if you are buying a kit the normally come with it.

Old 04-17-2010 | 01:12 PM
blackmamba13
Professional

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
new shock will help ride quality at the least you should get shock extenders so you can run your stockers. if you are buying a kit the normally come with it.
Extenders...wow that shows how little I know about this. For some reasonI was thinking that dropping the rear would compress not extend the shock, but after seeing how the shackle functions I get it now. Glad I asked. So the 2" Mcgaughys drop shacks that I got on order is going to come with the extenders? Didn't see them listed on the description for this.

Old 04-17-2010 | 01:27 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

you can ride the stock shocks on just drop shackles...

Old 04-17-2010 | 02:40 PM
blackmamba13
Professional

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
you can ride the stock shocks on just drop shackles...

So no need for extenders right?

Quick Reply: Lowered Trucks: tech and info....