3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

is this too much weight for the bed???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:28 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like he hit the pole hard to me...just from the crappy side angle I can tell the front end is toast.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

ya i really have no idea. it could be either way, thinking about it. i posted to try to find out what really happened, but doubt i will. It kinda makes me laugh when i look at it, how the boat is centered and everything in the bed lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:50 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Now it's time for my guess on what happened...lol

He swerved around a car at the light maybe coming from the other direction turning onto the road behind the camera. Hit the pole and it shot the boat up onto the truck.

Just shows that the boat isn't heavy enough to actually hold itself onto the trailer. The trailers V isn't even that deep. What would stop the boat from bouncing up in the air over a bump in the road and cming off the trailer sideways.

It's guys like that who need to be heavily fined for that incedent. i bet he was too. The boat could have run over a pedestrian...lol Sorry, but that would be funny to hear......."So Johnny was walking home from work on Rt 66 and got hit by a boat". The reaction on peoples faces would be funy. Not an actual incident.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

^^^ ahhhaahaha...yea that would be funny unless it was me then it would suck

Old 08-01-2009, 11:10 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

The boat isn't too heavy for the bed. The pole was too sturdy for the doghouse and the crappy trailer broke in two which is another reason that the boat launched into the air (besides no rear tie-downs).
Gotta love the cheap *** bean counters that think you only need rear wheel ABS on a heavy truck. Even in 08 4 wheel ABS only came on Laramie and was an option that came with the stability control. Finally standard on all models in 09.
My 01 F150 even had 4 wheel ABS

Quick Reply: is this too much weight for the bed???