3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

parking lights and tail lights stay on

Old 12-06-2014, 10:25 PM
rought
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuze box has a circuit board inside it that corrodes. Parking lights staying on is the thing to malfunction.. common issue that year.
read this thread: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...s-stay-on.html

Last edited by rought; 12-06-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Buster1952

Just joining the forum and had done a search for just this problem. Pulling fuse #33 had no effect in turning off the tail/park lights, but pulling #1 fixed the problem. That's the relay for trailer brake and trailer battery!!

I had seen a post on YouTube where someone clipped the wires to the trailer connection and eliminated the problem. Apparently there is some sort of problem with grounding??

Hope this helps someone else!!

Old 01-07-2024, 06:23 PM
home fixer
Default 04 ram parking lights stay on.

My parking lights on 04 Ram 1500 were staying on when parked and truck off I replaced the FCM, I checked the trailer light socket for corrosion I toggled the light switch many times I replaced the relay in the fuse box which I could hear clicking no change the lights stayed on but flickered when it clicked so I bought electrical cleaner spayed it on the relay connection points in the fuse box put the relay in and out many times over then sprayed and repeated putting the relay in and out all while the battery was disconnected then used compressed air to clean and dry and so far seems to have worked the lights are off and the relay is not clicking so I'm thinking a poor contact in the fuse box. Will see if this was the fix.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: parking lights and tail lights stay on