3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Opinions!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009 | 02:16 PM
SilverBullet08
|
Grand Champion
Default Need Opinions!!

Hey guys just wanted to get your opinions on some paint/mods that i want on my truck. I stopped by my body shop today to get a quote to paint the front and rear bumper. it came to about 550 with everything but he said it will be cheaper bc they have to do some work already from when i took it in before. now im thinking it might be easier to get the lmc roll pan for the rear and then just sell my chrome bumper. the only reason why im unsure about the roll pan is bc i have dual exhaust out the rear and think it might look weird?? what do you guys think? also planning on having the mirrors painted to since it will be in the shop. heres a pic of what i was talking about with the roll pan.
Name:  SilverBullet08_2b.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  33.1 KB

Old 08-10-2009 | 02:33 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
Hey guys just wanted to get your opinions on some paint/mods that i want on my truck. I stopped by my body shop today to get a quote to paint the front and rear bumper. it came to about 550 with everything but he said it will be cheaper bc they have to do some work already from when i took it in before. now im thinking it might be easier to get the lmc roll pan for the rear and then just sell my chrome bumper. the only reason why im unsure about the roll pan is bc i have dual exhaust out the rear and think it might look weird?? what do you guys think? also planning on having the mirrors painted to since it will be in the shop. heres a pic of what i was talking about with the roll pan.
The roll pan looks good Nick, and the exhast don't look bad like that. I say go for it!

Old 08-10-2009 | 02:45 PM
02Regcab
Professional

This has been a concern for me as well if my exhaust would look outta place with a roll pan.. After seeing that picture I also say go for it.. Looks good to me

Old 08-10-2009 | 02:47 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

I wanna get a roll pan soo bad, but I like the protection of having a bumper

Old 08-10-2009 | 02:51 PM
SilverBullet08
|
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jonnymagnum
I wanna get a roll pan soo bad, but I like the protection of having a bumper
yes thats how im like too. i really like the look of a roll pan but when i use my bed to move something i step up with the bumper

im going back on thursday with my dad to see how low i can get the price. if its reasonable ill do it if not then i just get the mirrors done and the other work they have to fix.

Old 08-10-2009 | 03:48 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Roll pan it, if nothing else, cut the tips down to come flush with the pan. Problem solved.

Old 08-10-2009 | 03:58 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

If you use your truck bed I'd say no and just paint it, if you dont use it and dont plan on using it then go for it. Im just going to end up painting mine. Although I need to get a 3" dimple popped out first (damn idiots in the damn grociery store parking lots)

Old 08-10-2009 | 04:04 PM
SilverBullet08
|
Grand Champion

i dont use it all the time but i do move friends and other stuff with my bed

Old 08-10-2009 | 04:26 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

You can just step up ur back tires in to the bed. I usually just jump straight up there to be honest...It makes me feel cool and athletic.

Old 08-10-2009 | 04:30 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I also like the fact that if someone hits me they have to go through my bumper first before f*cking up my tailgate and everything else (that goes for parking spots as well as daily driving).

Its your call, if you like the look of the roll pan then do it and lower the truck a bit so its easier to get in and out of the bed, if you want some added protection keep it and paint it.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions!!