3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I need a law enforcement perspective ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a legitimate question and I'm truly curious.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Spokane_Dodge
Rookie

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
It was a ridiculous and insulting question.
How about is it worth to potentially save the lives of countless others that could have been killed if that man decided to shoot off his AK somewhere public?

Thank you sudnit for your service, glad you and and your partner are fine.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

I cant believe the negativity towards police really, the same people that show up to an armed robbery and put themselves out there to be the first target, all just to keep the american public safe. Their whole entire job is centered around protecting the public from people who are dangerous and or stupid. I cant believe that the people who insult police on a frequent basis arent ashamed of themselves for being so ungrateful. Yes, I have had instances where I was irritated at the cops, mostly just that time when I got my seatbelt ticket undeserved, but one thing that irritated me most about that was that there were 4 of those motorcycle cops sitting on the same corner focusing on writing tickets out instead of out protecting the city I live in, but other than that, I have always been happy with the services our police force are willing to put up with every day. Those men and women do more for our country on a daily basis than most of us do in a year.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM
sudnit5
Amateur

First the agency only get about 12 cents from any ticket that we writer no matter how much it is, so there is no motivation to write tickets at all for me. Next like I said before I am not looking to give Joe Blow a ticket because I have little man syndrome and my car says I'm a cop. I am there to make people aware of the laws (the only time you think about what you are doing wrong is when a cop is around) and to look for other bigger things. In this case he was wanted for three murders and robber in Kentucky along with a slew of burglarys along his way to Florida. In this case we absolutely found it and thank God I am here typing to you still.

I go to work to take people like that off the streets so you can have a safe life. And one last thing to lighten the mood some...a instructional video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65zXlytv01c

So is making the state a few hundred bucks worth being shot at by an automatic kalashnikov?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

LMAO!!!! that was hilarious! great instructional video, Ill be remembering not to jump the subway with a gun and a joint from now on haha.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:15 PM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

Police are out there to protect YOU (Joe Citizen), yet they are bashed for it. I've read a lot of anti-LE so far but I guarantee the people who bash the police will be the first to call them when needed and would never say some of the things they have mentioned on this thread to a LEO on the street...ever.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
LMAO!!!! that was hilarious! great instructional video, Ill be remembering not to jump the subway with a gun and a joint from now on haha.
That's the one that always slips me up.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So is making the state a few hundred bucks worth being shot at by an automatic kalashnikov?
There's no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people. As to that question, are you seriously going to ask something stupid like that about "making the state a few hundred" for running a stop sign? Say someone you love was in the middle of that intersection and he ran that stop sign. Oh, whats the big deal, he ran a stop sign. I'm betting you damn sure want him to pull someone over for that...Do you honestly think the whole point of it was to "make the state a few hundred bucks"?

Since you like to ask questions like that, are you going to ask a service member, especially one overseas, if the measly amount of $$ they pay enlisted people is worth getting shot at? Most people who become cops don't initially decide on that vocation because they want to power trip. Rookies are overly enthusiastic, it happens everywhere. Now do some people abuse their authority? Damn right, my uncle was one of them (NJ state trooper) and we've all seen examples.

In my own personal experience working with the marine & landside police (state, county & local) in various states (I'm USCG), the state and county guys tend to be more professional and have less attitude and ego than the local guys, always with your notable exceptions.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

In my younger days I got so many tickets I almost lost my license,I was paying more for insurance that I was for my new car. I deserved 90% of the tickets I got,there was one that I got screwed on but for the most part the cops got it right. Tell me another profession where you have so much risk and so little reward that people will do for low wages and be getting it right 90% of the time? Pro baseball player bats 330 and he's an allstar/millionare and nobody's shooting at him!

I have found being polite goes a long way,there is one cop in our town that just has a permanent stick up his a$$ and everyone knows it,he gave me a ticket for my stereo system and when I went into the courthouse to pay the ticket the woman behind the counter said "I can tell you who wrote that ticket without even looking at it" Even his coworkers know he's a dick! But for the most part Cops are just normal guys doing a thankless job for $hitty pay. Think about it, do you go into your job everyday and get tired of dealing with certain stupid people that you come in contact with on a daily basis? There job is no different they get tired of dealing with dumba$$ people everyday too,it's refreshing for them when they come up to your car and discover that your are smiling and being polite and respectful to them. A good attitude will greatly increase your chances of getting away without a ticket.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 PM
05RamMan
Captain

You know the nice thing about the police is that they are only the ticket givers. I have gotten many many many a ticket in my day and yet I don't have a single point on my license, Not to mention about half of them I haven't paid a dime for. The police don't bother me, because most tickets are really very easy to get out of with a little fight.

Quick Reply: I need a law enforcement perspective ...