3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Someone TRIED breaking into my truck..

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need is a sticker in the window that says "There is nothing in this vehicle worth your life" or "This vehicle guarded by Smith & Wesson."

Old 08-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nim81
this should work just fine. just dont lock yourself out.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm
I wanted one when i saw them on tv but then i found out they're illegal in the U.S.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Spokane_Dodge
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pyro
All you need is a sticker in the window that says... "This vehicle guarded by Smith & Wesson."
Terrible advice. As a gun owner I think those stickers are awful. The last thing I want to do is give some punk on the street the thought that I might be storing a firearm in my car that they could steal.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
VP64
Captain

i locked my keys inmy truck so many times i dont even remember the number. some of the times were rememberable like that one time i snuck out to this chicks house and it was 12am and i locked my keys in so i had to call my parents for the back up key. ( HS era)

other times i lock my keys, i found the easiest way someone opened my door for me was by getting a hanger from the top of the door seal and popping the actual door lock open. I would think that someone with power windows it would be easier because all u would need to do and get the hanger low enough to hit the unlock button.

and i also had a few times where people tried unlocking my door by using a "slim jim" where they shove this flat metal stick down the window seal, but they never werked. even the AAA (triple A aka road side assistance company people) guy tried.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
N.O.Bricks

i got a viper alarm with failsafe starter kill and a 2 way remote and i sleep a WHOLE lot better!!! dont skimp!!

Old 08-29-2009, 09:25 AM
hemidel
Professional

Yah, the oem alarm sucks. I would get an after market alarm. I had the same problem man. About two yrs ago, someone tried breaking into my truck and i guess they could get in or got startled, so they left my key slot all cut up and my door handle pulled out with damage on the door. I didnt know my ins. deductable was $500 and the damage came out to $650 to fix. So, I just purchased an aftermarket alarm. It sucks man. I hate ****** like that.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by bigmiah22
Can you purchase a door handle that doesnt have a keylock for the driverside? and if so, can someone still pry under it and bust the lock off to gain entry?
hate to busta a bubble with this idea, but luckily they dont sell a handle without the keyhole on the drivers side. Because when your battery craps out and your keyless entry doesnt work, the only way in will be to break a window.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:48 AM
VP64
Captain

if the battery dies and the keyless entry doesnt work and you have shaved handle, aa good installer would of ran secondary cables hidden somewhere, like behind the headlights, where u could pop the doors open by jumping the leads. either with 12 volts or a 7.2 volt battery. just touch the ends of the leads to the batter and the door would pop open

Old 08-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Dire Wolf
Professional

Originally Posted by Spokane_Dodge
For your car? A security alarm sticker in the window corners and a little blinking red light by the lock nub.
I had my blinking lite put in when I had my remote start put in, he said most people
don't want it installed but I said I do. It blinks when I lock the doors.
I live in an apartment complex and one morning about 2 months later I found out my neighbors car along with 2 others were broken into and I was parked RIGHT next to his. Now it could be that they wanted something from his car but I tend to think that it was because of the light.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:25 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by VP64
if the battery dies and the keyless entry doesnt work and you have shaved handle, aa good installer would of ran secondary cables hidden somewhere, like behind the headlights, where u could pop the doors open by jumping the leads. either with 12 volts or a 7.2 volt battery. just touch the ends of the leads to the batter and the door would pop open
he didnt say a shaved handle, he wanted a handle similar to the passengers door, without a keyhole. Which they dont make to begin with so there really isnt an issue.

Quick Reply: Someone TRIED breaking into my truck..