3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Someone TRIED breaking into my truck..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 03:34 AM
VP64
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have this thing that replaces the factor key hole with another lock. u have to use a special key that comes with the kit to unlock it. the lock cannot be picked. but the thought of using a different key to unlock the doors and then the ignition is a PITA.
i have already mastered the regular key and can unlock my door in a fraction of a second without missing (:

Old 05-29-2010, 02:12 PM
frosezz

This may work a little better then the flame thrower.
http://dvice.com/archives/2007/02/te...your_car_w.php

Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

woah... up from the grave. why?

Old 05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
tsnyder
Professional

Originally Posted by weedahoe
You need those Jimmy Jammers, an aftermarket alarm, a big dog and a bear trap and a big gun with laser sights and a hi-cap clip.

;-)
rofl....

Old 05-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Matt99
Champion

a security system doesnt help if your not by the truck...my old truck got broken in to three times (it was pretty obvious that I had nice stuff in there)....bad part was I was drunk twice, so I guess I might have been able to hear it and ignored it

I had a Viper security system with the starter lock and all that, and my key had the chip in it..guess what, they still can BREAK IN and steal your stereo, wallet, gun, etc...I lost over 3k in stuff just in one theft

I wish I woulda known about jimmi jammers....it was all through the door handle, and with those it wouldnt have happened.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:14 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

pitbull with aids

Old 05-30-2010, 07:03 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 05-30-2010, 07:52 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magna Volt
Probably comes with a deodorizer and a sponge.....

Old 05-30-2010, 11:56 AM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
pitbull with aids
hahahah best ever.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:28 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

Idea time. Just going to put this out there. The people breaking into our vehicles are 1. F***ing a$$holes and 2. practiced in what they do. A good theif can steal everything from your vehicle by the time you stop to think "hey, that annoying car alarm may be mine". Your best bet is to document what is in your vehicle with your insurance company and keep reciepts, pictures, anything just to prove what you had was in there. I know it may be a PITA in the beginnning but believe me it is worth it in the long run. The theives will get what they want in the long run (unless of course you have four trained and armed gaurds with two back up snipers watching your truck at all times). My truck was stolen right from my drive way a few years ago. Keep in mind I had the doors locked with my keyless remote, windows of my house were open, and I had a flowmaster super 44 on the truck. They broke in without any damage to the door, broke the ignition, and took it for a quick ride down the street where they stole my chrome 20's (I put on the stock 20's at the time that I bought off craigslist for $500 with tires) and stripped the interior stereo and took quit a bit of stuff inside the cab such as smith and wesson knives, ipod, stuff like that. Insurance paid for a new ignition and also a new pair of rims which I currently have on the truck. Just keep in mind we cant keep these a$$holes from doing what they do best with a simple alarm or peice of metal. As technology gets better, we know from experience criminals are always one step ahead of the security guys. just my two cents. Heres a pic of how my truck was found in an alley two days later:

Quick Reply: Someone TRIED breaking into my truck..