3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I got told i was gunna get beat..

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
megablacktank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah so i guess we will never find out if they raced or not huh?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:21 PM
dcrow
Rookie

I agree with Ridinhigh ,diesels (especially the cummins ) are bad ***.
I had a viper srt 10 truck with almost every bolt on possible and I still got beat by a cummins which was chipped,exhaust,had propane and a few
other boltons.
I go to the track alot with my mustang (bullet) which is built and I race alot of truck(diesels) and most of them are running 13's which is fuc***
fast for a 6-7000 pound truck and I haven't seen a hemi or 4.7 run low 13's unless they were heavily modded: heads,cam,nitrous,blower etc....
And of course our trucks don't weigh near as much as the diesels.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by dcrow
I agree with Ridinhigh ,diesels (especially the cummins ) are bad ***.
I had a viper srt 10 truck with almost every bolt on possible and I still got beat by a cummins which was chipped,exhaust,had propane and a few
other boltons.
I go to the track alot with my mustang (bullet) which is built and I race alot of truck(diesels) and most of them are running 13's which is fuc***
fast for a 6-7000 pound truck and I haven't seen a hemi or 4.7 run low 13's unless they were heavily modded: heads,cam,nitrous,blower etc....
And of course our trucks don't weigh near as much as the diesels.
sooo to compete with the diesel they have to have everything the diesel does?...sounds about normal to me

again, the diesel comes with a turbo because without the turbo it doesn't make horsepower.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM
04Phantom
Professional

Sorry guys, havent been on in a while..

As to if we ever raced or nott, no, he never wanted to again, ill try to talk him into it. I know i'll probaly get beat by him i just wanna see how I'll do, when he finally does race me i'll let everyone know..

Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM
dcrow
Rookie

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
sooo to compete with the diesel they have to have everything the diesel does?...sounds about normal to me

again, the diesel comes with a turbo because without the turbo it doesn't make horsepower.
I agree without the turbo it doesn't make any HP but then again that is the way the motors are set up to make HP with boost,for example I had a MMR motor built for my mustang and it is built specifically for my blower so everything will work hand and hand just like the diesels are.
I'm not saying that a diesel can't be beat all I am saying is that it doesn't
take too much to make them fast being that they are already boosted and have **** loads of torq.

Quick Reply: I got told i was gunna get beat..