3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ok something i dont no do you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009 | 08:49 PM
ramhunter9
|
Banned

looking under the front it doesent look like anything will have to be re-located or moved . looks like the coils just get replaced giving a 3" lift and i dont see how an alignment will come in play but anyone done this ???

Old 09-29-2009 | 10:32 PM
nim81
Record Breaker

$100 for a front end alignment??? damn where are you getting this done at the stealership????

Old 09-29-2009 | 11:21 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

I have the 3 inch Procomp lift and it does have a dropped track bar and a drop pitman arm to correct geometry. The track bar is what locates the axle under the truck if the distance between the truck and the axle increases (lift) the axle will be pulled sideways if a longer track bar or drop bracket is not used. My Solid axle Jeep had the same problem untill I put in adjustable track bars. The drop pitman arm is not needed but a the drag link will need to be adjusted because if you lift your truck and do not adjust the draglink (pitman arm to passenger steering knuckle) the steering wheel will not be straight. Adjusting the draglink is pretty easy just play with it till the steering wheel is centered and the wheels are centered. If it where my truck I would definately do a track bar drop or get an adjustable one to center the axle under the truck. Also the truck will not need an alignment as you can center the steering yourself or take it to a shop if you feel its neccesary.

Old 09-30-2009 | 11:58 AM
DodgeThunder
Veteran

Originally Posted by nim81
$100 for a front end alignment??? damn where are you getting this done at the stealership????
Nah the shop I used to work at did 4 wheel alignments for 100 dollars.. What alot of ppl never figured out when they pay for the alignment at that shop is that you cant align the real wheels anyways.. unless its an import or IRS vehicle.. But you go to any shop and they screw ppl over.. its not a new occurance..

Old 09-30-2009 | 04:15 PM
ramhunter9
|
Banned

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
I have the 3 inch Procomp lift and it does have a dropped track bar and a drop pitman arm to correct geometry. The track bar is what locates the axle under the truck if the distance between the truck and the axle increases (lift) the axle will be pulled sideways if a longer track bar or drop bracket is not used. My Solid axle Jeep had the same problem untill I put in adjustable track bars. The drop pitman arm is not needed but a the drag link will need to be adjusted because if you lift your truck and do not adjust the draglink (pitman arm to passenger steering knuckle) the steering wheel will not be straight. Adjusting the draglink is pretty easy just play with it till the steering wheel is centered and the wheels are centered. If it where my truck I would definately do a track bar drop or get an adjustable one to center the axle under the truck. Also the truck will not need an alignment as you can center the steering yourself or take it to a shop if you feel its neccesary.
what was in your kit new springs?

Old 09-30-2009 | 05:33 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

4wheel alignment locates the front alignment to match the rear so that it tracks straight.

It wouldn't hurt to have it checked. It may be out now before the lift. Hate to wear out those new tires too early.

Old 09-30-2009 | 05:56 PM
ramhunter9
|
Banned

well after a conversation with the guys a t top gunz they said anything 3" or bigger you will need new brackets pitman ect.. 2" all you need is shocks so i think im going with 2.5" (didnt ask about this one but .5 " ?? will it really matter? )i will use this lift till these tires go south. i did jack the truck up to see the difference . 41" from ground to fender now. 43.5 when all said and done looks pretty nice with the 2.5" not to much fender and not to crammed. now that i think about it the 2.5 " is like a level but since im prety level now 41" rear 41" front i think this will do.

Old 09-30-2009 | 06:50 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
what was in your kit new springs?
Spacers, upper and lower control arms, MX6 Adjustable shocks, track bar drop, drop pitman arm, sway bar drop and new rear aluminum 1 piece blocks. Pretty good kit for the money. The previous owner had it put in before I bought it but looking at the recipt a year ago I was amazed for what you got for the money. Only thing I added was a new rancho steering stabilizer (good mod).