3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Chrysler going out of business

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Bucanolemike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler going out of business

I recently read this article and was wondering if anyone has an idea what this means for us as Ram owners, mainly concerning our warrenties... My transmission feels like it may be starting to slip, nothing major but something that concerns me if it gets worse... Now reading this it makes me want to take it in now even though I dread the hassle...

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/to...another%20year

Im sure this has probably already been posted but I dont have the time at this moment to try and search...

Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Total speculation. Nobody even knows of the new plan/ layout. It hasn't been released yet.
You can read thru here about different brand news items
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/brand-n...discussion-29/

Old 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

I heard the govt was going to bailout chrysler and gm. Has anybody heard anything about this?

Old 10-02-2009, 04:30 PM
EJM05
Record Breaker

Yea frog I think I heard the same thing I think.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I thought Fiat bought dodge out and that settled the finicial crisis... or was that just a quick patch?

Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It's going to take time ro revamp the operations. There are many changes coming down the line to make them more competitive, but it will probably be a year or more before these changes can happen.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:51 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151
I thought Fiat bought dodge out and that settled the finicial crisis... or was that just a quick patch?
i believe the government forced that deal.
i think its called the obama motor company now, because for some reason the government can let business work the way its supposed to. if your business is loosing money, obviously your doing something wrong.99% of the time, throwing money at something doesn't fix it. the government should have never interfered with any private business. i could go on about this for ever so i will stop be4 i get all pissy

Old 10-03-2009, 01:53 AM
bleepo

I saw on the local (Canadian) news that Chrysler actually sold MORE cars this year up here than they did last year.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 AM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the article makes me worry because ford and chrysler are coming out with new cars that are hybrids and its what the market wants but chrysler is still waiting to put these vehicles out i believe they need to drop the chrysler line and focus on only dodge and come out with some hybrids SOON otherwise they will get left in the dust but we as americans must choose to buy domestic but also as americans we choose to buy foreign its hard to beat there prices when labor is half that of ours and we already get everything from overseas which will come back to haunt us in the long run

Old 10-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Wow,Thanks for bringin' me down bucanolemike! I own a Jeep and a Dodge Ram! Neither are under warranty but resale will be a bitch if chrysler is out of buisness. I'll just have to drive them forever more I guess.

Quick Reply: Chrysler going out of business