3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body Lift Experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 AM
AhmedRam
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Lift Experience

ok so i bought the PA body lift and i don't how does it take 2 to 3 hrs to install. it took me 18 hrs non stop to finish it and i was so tired you cant imagine. i really lost hope at the last 5 hrs because i felt it was never going to end. but finally got it on and will try to post some pics soon. i just wanted to know if it really takes 2 - 3 hrs to install or no? because if it does then im really stupid and slow. On the bright side, its so gr8 and i love it, i still didn't drive the truck as i was sleeping for the past 12 hrs lol. anyways will keep u posted.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:00 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Who told you 2-3 hours? You could look at the parts and read the instructions and see it would be more than that. Anyway, glad you got it on and finished. Cant wait see the pics.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

don't know where you heard 2-3 hours. not a chance

Old 10-19-2009, 09:39 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

I have heard some of the SuperFriends claim to install it in 4 hours... but I found those claims as believable as superheros.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
I have heard some of the SuperFriends claim to install it in 4 hours... but I found those claims as believable as superheros.

LOL...Yeah 3-4 topps.....lmfao ....clowns

Just looking at what is involved, i would figure 6-8 hours Min. for install myself and I'm quite the superhero when it comes to getting things done.

Last edited by dirtydog; 10-19-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
motorhead426
All Star

I've always been told "...it's a good weekend project..." So with that in mind, your not slow.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:26 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

frog your effin hilarious super friends man you are unique my friend....always make me laugh....yeah its def a weekender it took a buddy who ase certified and diesel mech about 12 hrs to do a friends dodge and we were flying i thought....but hey we caught quite the buzz doing it.....

Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Curiusgeorge
Rookie

So for the complete lift noob like me, what's the advantages or disadvantages between a body lift and suspension lift? Anyone got a link that explains how they work and what's involved?

Back on topic, we need pics!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
AhmedRam
Professional

wow thanx ppl now i dont feel stupid at all lol...well yea it took forever. well i still have to move the bed a little bit backwards coz it hit the cab when i hit a bump. thats all for now i am waiting for my camera to take some pics for you ppl. oh and i had to remove the side steps coz they needed to be installed again at the proper place for the truck. i just love it and i hope i dont get any trouble from it

Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
AhmedRam
Professional

Originally Posted by Curiusgeorge
So for the complete lift noob like me, what's the advantages or disadvantages between a body lift and suspension lift? Anyone got a link that explains how they work and what's involved?

Back on topic, we need pics!!!
well i think a body life is stage 1 lifting. its much easier than the suspension lift and much cheaper. the suspension lift is stage 2 and this is the stage where you use ur truck off roading alot. well i wana get a suspension lift but i need the cash so ill hold on that thought.
i think u need to level the truck first then do the body lift.

Quick Reply: Body Lift Experience