3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I want you thoughts and opinions on a new color for my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I want you thoughts and opinions on a new color for my truck!

Ok, so you guys see my bike in my signature pic, right? The guy that did the paintwork on that has offered to paint my truck. Of course it ain't gonna be cheap, but he does some awesome work. It looks good on my bike, but do you all think it would look good on my truck?

Old 11-12-2009, 10:41 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to tell, but it would be cool to have a color that no other rams have. If the price is right and you like the color and can afford it I say go for it.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:41 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ill bet richard simmons would think it would look super awesome

Old 11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See if someone like johnyart can photoshop it.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

i might go with hemi orange on mine in a few years.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran

K, I will.

N no the bike is not pink. It's a color called Candy Apple Red! LOL. It's a House of Colors, color. The base coat has gold flakes in it, so when the sun hits it it appears with a hint of pink, i guess you call it that color. It's a hot color, I think. Just don't know if it would look right on a big a** canvas like my truck. LOL.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

i alway wanted an off white ram like the escalade color white diamond or what ever.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RawRam2006
K, I will.

N no the bike is not pink. It's a color called Candy Apple Red! LOL. It's a House of Colors, color. The base coat has gold flakes in it, so when the sun hits it it appears with a hint of pink, i guess you call it that color. It's a hot color, I think. Just don't know if it would look right on a big a** canvas like my truck. LOL.
As deadly as it would look the work involved to properly paint the truck would be unreal you know behind the doors under the hood under the bed etc etc. I am sure you are already aware of that but the biggest problem I see is that with a vehicle that you plan on driving ( I assume on a semi regular basis) is that if someone scratches that paint or if something fell over in your garage it means a whole vehicle paint job to repair as it make a rather big difference in the way the undercoat and preceding top coats are laid on the paint in the event that a single panel needs to be replaced. How do I know we had a pearlescent orange truck that had fender damage. we were lucky it was a very light colour with light metalic undertones so we got away with paint blending about 2/3 of the truck on the one side. It turned out great but cost a pile. Just keep this in mind as well. BTW love that colour on your bike.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
i alway wanted an off white ram like the escalade color white diamond or what ever.
Like this?

Name:  DSC02151blksilver.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  94.0 KB

Old 11-12-2009, 11:20 PM
RawRam2006
Veteran

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
As deadly as it would look the work involved to properly paint the truck would be unreal you know behind the doors under the hood under the bed etc etc. I am sure you are already aware of that but the biggest problem I see is that with a vehicle that you plan on driving ( I assume on a semi regular basis) is that if someone scratches that paint or if something fell over in your garage it means a whole vehicle paint job to repair as it make a rather big difference in the way the undercoat and preceding top coats are laid on the paint in the event that a single panel needs to be replaced. How do I know we had a pearlescent orange truck that had fender damage. we were lucky it was a very light colour with light metalic undertones so we got away with paint blending about 2/3 of the truck on the one side. It turned out great but cost a pile. Just keep this in mind as well. BTW love that colour on your bike.
Thanks!

N, yes I know it's gonna cost an arm and a leg. He painted a guys bagged regal and he charged him like $2000. So, I know it would be more then that for me. But, if it looks good on the truck I may do it. I don't have to worry about scratches while at work, I parked in a parking lot that's surrounded by barbwire and has limited access, like only LEO's park there. Plus the whole parking lot is video monitored and recorded 24/7. I don't drive anywhere when I'm home, we take my wife's car. It gets better mileage. LOL. But, I see what your saying, thanks for the insight. If I didn't already have it I would have benefitted more from it, but that's ok. I asked for thoughts and opinions. So, thanks. And keep em coming fellas. LOL.

Also, OklaHemi, you mentioned an off-white color. You know Dodge has a factory color like that, they didn't put it on too many Rams, but my late uncle had one. I can't for the life of me remember the actual "color name" for it. But I know they made em. It was a 2005 Ram Diesel. I may have gotten the year wrong. But I know for a fact it was a third gen. LOL. Hope that helps. You might be able to find one used, it might be cheaper to just buy another truck for you then to get yours painted. I'm only saying that, because if anyone's like me buying a truck doesn't immediately hit your wallet, you pay monthly. LOL. So, if you can get a lower monthly payment, it might be cheaper for you. That's what I meant. LOL.

Quick Reply: I want you thoughts and opinions on a new color for my truck!