3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

well adding another truck to the driveway

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:20 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
'02 Ford looks
7.3 +
pre-runner sagging rear -
Never understood why people go as far to cover the seats. Keep the seats clean for whom? The next buyer? Frig that....lol
The seat covers get just as dirty as the seats would....
I have gone through this same thing with my father. He'll buy a brand new truck and put seat covers on it. They stay on till the truck gets traded in????? Why not just get the upholstry steamed at that point.
I understand people like to keep things nice, but there's a limit to the point of ridiculous where your not even fully enjoying what you own. This would include plastic on the couch..lmao
Rant end.
I used to use them in my 01 F150 and it kept the seats clean for when I traded it in on the Ram.
I don't use covers in the Ram because they are YES essential seats and are supposed to be stain proof. I'm testing them while under warranty. I know if you get liquid on them, they bead up nicely so you can soak up the mess easily.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My last truck had cloth seats, never covered them. They actually got stains, mostly driver side, from getting Ga. red clay on my legs, butt and lower back whilst ATV riding and hunting.
When I went to trade it in, you'da thought the truck was dented and dogged! Perfectly maintained, nothing save some very minor surface scratches on the exterior, mostly from twigs whilst off-road and low miles. So the only thing they had to bi*ch about to try to get the trade value down was the stained seats.
So I can see covering them.

It's actually why I am now driving a 1500 Laramie and not a 2500 SLT Hemi. They were within $1000 in price on the lot, but the Laramie had leather seats that I could just wipe the mud off with a damp towel before it could stain.
In hindsight, I shoulda bought the 2500, lifted it to the hilt, put damn 38" tires and seat covers on it!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:21 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^That Ford does nothing for me. Same as with the new one's. I don't like the looks and i don't like they way they drive/feel. The one above just looks so ols school like the pre-02 rams, even the inside is so old school on those.(1995ish lookin)
The newer F series HD that have the side vents and the taller headlights(the truck thse wheels came off of) are the best F's made as far as looks go, but the side and the back end are still the same and are fugly.
That is why i own a 2008 Dodge Ram and am a member of a Dodge group. they are just the sexiest trucks out there...IMO

Hammer, most a dealer would do is deduct $100-$200 for a detail depending on how dirty the inside was at time of trade. Generally if it's just the driver seat, then they would just call it normal wear/tear even if the rest is immaculate. Besides, automatic and spilling stuf all over the seats=slob. geez, I drove 18wheeler for a few years and never spilled anything on the seat i was sitiing in. Well maybe a few crumbs when i ate chips, but that's it. How freakin dirty can a seat get if you try and be careful? Not talkin about dirt tranfer off of your pants here.....

Do yourself a favor. Down at the local auto store get some BlueMagic upholstry stain cleaner. It works wonders and is a non sudsing, waterless cleaner. Just spray and rub the stain away.

Last edited by dirtydog; 11-22-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hammer, most a dealer would do is deduct $100-$200 for a detail depending on how dirty the inside was at time of trade. Generally if it's just the driver seat, then they would just call it normal wear/tear even if the rest is immaculate. Besides, automatic and spilling stuf all over the seats=slob. geez, I drove 18wheeler for a few years and never spilled anything on the seat i was sitiing in. Well maybe a few crumbs when i ate chips, but that's it. How freakin dirty can a seat get if you try and be careful? Not talkin about dirt tranfer off of your pants here.....

Do yourself a favor. Down at the local auto store get some BlueMagic upholstry stain cleaner. It works wonders and is a non sudsing, waterless cleaner. Just spray and rub the stain away.
The "stain" was basically a reddish tinge that was in the fabric, trust me, it wouldn't come out, and EVERY good 'ole boy in south GA. bi*ches about how his seats are stained red. Of course, in Florida where I traded, they are not used to seeing it at the dealerships. And the "most a dealer would do is deduct $100-$200 for detail" was a $1400 to re-apolster. Until I started to walk out the door, then "it was really no big deal"...
You have obviously never experience Georgia red clay mud, sir...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 11-22-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You have obviously never experience Georgia red clay mud, sir...

Here ya go Sir.

ohh, it is a detergent which means you need to do a rinse after. Generally 2 cleans and 4 rinses. Better have that wet vac handy.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'02 Ford looks
7.3 +
pre-runner sagging rear -

Old 11-22-2009, 11:16 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I need to try that Bluemagic on my tan Mustang interior. After 21 years, it is showing the dirt

Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Also, Folex??(I'l check the actual name if this isn't correct) which is sold at Home Dumpo Or Lowes or maybe even hardware store???? it's a professional cleaner and is non sudsing and requires no rinsing. Check it out, but bluemagic is really good stuff. Just more expensive for complete jobs.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 PM
butch1581
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^That Ford does nothing for me. Same as with the new one's. I don't like the looks and i don't like they way they drive/feel. The one above just looks so ols school like the pre-02 rams, even the inside is so old school on those.(1995ish lookin)
The newer F series HD that have the side vents and the taller headlights(the truck thse wheels came off of) are the best F's made as far as looks go, but the side and the back end are still the same and are fugly.
That is why i own a 2008 Dodge Ram and am a member of a Dodge group. they are just the sexiest trucks out there...IMO

I agree; obviously everyone here likes the Dodges or they would not have spent the money on one, and not be part of this forum.
On the other hand just because the Ford doesn't "do anything" for you, doesn't mean that it wouldn't smoke your truck in a race, a pull-off, or towing ability. but again I own a Dodge, because It does what I need it to

My buddy is actually cutting in the side vents that you were talking about too. They do look cool.

PS Do you think your tractor is sexy too?

Quick Reply: well adding another truck to the driveway