3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newest truck pics.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:48 PM
spinfreak
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newest truck pics.....

Been adding a few small odd and ends to the truck lately, and still have a few more to do. I still need to put on my color matched billet upper and lower grille that Colin (Hurst) did for me, and I'm also replacing my Hella Black Magic lights that are behind the grille, with a set of Hella 500's with HIDs. Also replacing the 3rd brake light on my cap with a color-matched one which is on the way to Colin as this moment. Still want to replace my rear bumper with a roll pan too, but that won't be for at least a few more months or so.

After almost 2 years of it sitting in the closet, I finally got around to installing my Plasmaglow Afterbuner lights (can't see them in the pics....I'm going to get a short video soon of them), but they work great.

The truck was washed, but I need to do a nice buff and polish, which hasn't been done in over a year. Also, the headlights are starting to get hazed up...I already bought the restorer kit, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also note that while the color-matched taillights look like you can see a lot of red through them, that's just because of the flash on the camera reflecting off of them. When the lights are off, they look like they were shaved, unless the sun hits them at the right angle. When they're on, you can see plenty of light through them.

Pretty much everything that's been color-matched on the truck was done by Colin (Hurst), except for the tails which were done by DominionTX, and the headlights which were done by myself.

Well, without further adieu, here's the current pics......

Name:  FrontLow.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  51.6 KB

Name:  FrontLeftQuarter.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  SideLeftFrontEighth.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  SideLeftFrontSixteenth.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  38.6 KB

Name:  Side.jpg
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  SideLeftRearSixteenth.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  RearLeftQuarter.jpg
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  RearLeftEighth.jpg
Size:  57.9 KB

Name:  RearLow.jpg
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  RearRightEighth.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  RearRightQuarter.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  57.1 KB

Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Hoss356
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your truck is the Grey equivalent of "murdered out". I think you're doin a good job, the truck looks great but the rusted tail pipe really stands out, a rattle can and 5 minutes should take care of that though.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

dont forget the sand paper first but it looks good lets call it smoked out cause smoke is grey....looks great man...

Old 11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Looks like you are headed in the right direction. I agree with hitting that rusty tail pipe with a little paint and while you are at it get that area by the driver's side tow hook in the front.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:34 PM
spinfreak
Professional

Thanks y'all. The tow hook is coming off anyway once I put the new upper and lower grilles on, and the tailpipe is getting cut down when I'm under there putting in the electric cutout and dump pipe. Planning on cutting off just behind the axle or so. So that'll take care of both of those things.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Deroneill
Rookie

get some bigger wheels on that thing!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

At least clean the wheels

Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

I really like the color of that truck. Nice truck.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I don't intend to come off as mean, but I really hate the look of caps on a truck. They look like big campers. I love dodges, so I can see a nice looking truck and look past the cap, but yikes, I think that cap is really cramping the style of that sexy rig!!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

Good looking truck man love the taillights definitely the most unique ones I have seen to date and they match the truck so good. Keep up the goos work with the mods

Originally Posted by 05DodgeRamHemi
I don't intend to come off as mean, but I really hate the look of caps on a truck. They look like big campers. I love dodges, so I can see a nice looking truck and look past the cap, but yikes, I think that cap is really cramping the style of that sexy rig!!
They may not be the prettiest but after owning a truck with one I dont plan on going back. Unless I haul big things which I can borrow another truck for the cap makes the truck so much more functional.

Quick Reply: Newest truck pics.....