3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best chip to use for nitrous and shift points??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:54 PM
pickup212
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best chip to use for nitrous and shift points??

Ok some of you might know I have been trying to find a chip to change the shift points on my 04 hemi ... At first i was told by diablo that there is no chip that changes the shift points on the 04s ... Then I was told that the Superchip 3815 and 3865 both change the shift points on the 04 hemi .. So i was about to order the 3865 but said why dont i just call to make sure it works on the 04s ... Turns out that it does change the shift points but is not safe or smart to run nitrous with the superchip due to the timing advance that the chip causes and they do not make any custom tunes for nitrous ... And they said there is no way to stack any other chip with the superchip nore even if you could it wouldnt help because the timing will still be ajusted from the superchip

Soooooo ..... My question is what is everyone doing about shift points and there niutrous setup in the 04 hemi?????? LOL PLEASE HELP!!!!

Or do I just get a tune for the nitrous and just do a shift kit and TQ converter???

Old 12-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the new tuning that will be released by SC for the 3865 and 3950 you will be able to adjust all shift points up and down. The guys who are running SC with nitrous seem to run the 87 tune bc it retards the timing from the normal tune. And whoever told you that you can't stack SC with another tuner lied to you or doesn't know their facts.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
And whoever told you that you can't stack SC with another tuner lied to you or doesn't know their facts.
Lol yeah I was reading his paragraph and it seemed like both of the chip manufacturers wanted to lie to prevent him from going with the other's chip, or stacking them

Old 12-09-2009, 03:19 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SCT has really good nitrous tunes. SO I hear.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

If you are looking for the best shifting for your truck, SC is the choice. Then you can stack a SCT custom tune on top of it for your nitrous. Then you have the best of both worlds.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

jet chip

Old 12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
jet chip
That's just funny right there

Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
jet chip
I can't believe I forgot about the Jet chip, I am so STUPID!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
pickup212
Rookie

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
With the new tuning that will be released by SC for the 3865 and 3950 you will be able to adjust all shift points up and down. The guys who are running SC with nitrous seem to run the 87 tune bc it retards the timing from the normal tune. And whoever told you that you can't stack SC with another tuner lied to you or doesn't know their facts.
lol wow ... All these chip companys are more worried about selling there chip by using false info rather then getting the info out that the customer is looking for ... Im not saying they need to tell me what other companys chips can do but they dont need to make things up about what u can and can not do with there own chip.

How do you know they r coming out with this feature on the new 3865 and 3950 ... and when r they expected to come out?? and can you update your old sc chip with with new features when they come out??

And I shouldnt have to worrie about spraying with the 87oct program? and i can stack it with another chip like the sct for the nitrous on top of the SC??

Thanks for the knowledge!!

Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by pickup212
How do you know they r coming out with this feature on the new 3865 and 3950 ... and when r they expected to come out?? and can you update your old sc chip with with new features when they come out??

And I shouldnt have to worrie about spraying with the 87oct program? and i can stack it with another chip like the sct for the nitrous on top of the SC??

Thanks for the knowledge!!
I know that they are coming out with it bc I am currently running the beta version of the programming on my 04. If you have a 3865 or 3950 you will be able to update and get the new features when they are released.

There are a lot of guys running the 87 tune with nitrous, just don't go crazy with the size of shot you run and run 93 or higher octane fuel with the 87 tune. You can 100% stack the SCT on top of SC, it has been done numerous times.

Quick Reply: Best chip to use for nitrous and shift points??