3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Level kit just arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Level kit just arrived!

WOOOOO Finally

OMG AND GUESS WHAT GUYS. SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO MY LEVEL KIT WAS A BAG WITH 2 SNUGGIES. ROFL. SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

However, the shock relocation brackets are missing...I've been kind of unhappy with rocky mountain suspensions. First the thing got lost in shipping, which I guess wasn't THEIR fault and they did do their best to make it right, but now it's missing those brackets and it's just another problem after problem.

Last edited by Ice-Forever; 12-09-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call them tomo and have them over nighted so you can install them on friday. And dont pay for it at all, make them fix the problem.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by oefootball_70
Call them tomo and have them over nighted so you can install them on friday. And dont pay for it at all, make them fix the problem.
I already called and left a voicemail.

I was gonna go ahead and install the torsion keys tonight cuz I figured the shock relocation brackets are independant of them...Is this a wrong assumption?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:23 PM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

You can put the leveling kit on without them, just dont go over anything to rough with it until you get the relocation brackets otherwise you will top out or bottom out your shocks, I hear everyone say bottom out... but I think its technically topping out since its overextension not under... Yeah, I had my truck leveled for quite some time without longer shocks and I did just fine.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
You can put the leveling kit on without them, just dont go over anything to rough with it until you get the relocation brackets otherwise you will top out or bottom out your shocks, I hear everyone say bottom out... but I think its technically topping out since its overextension not under... Yeah, I had my truck leveled for quite some time without longer shocks and I did just fine.
Yeah that's what I figured. Hell, I could just go ahead and buy new shocks next friday when I get payed again and just never have to mess with them, but I still would like to get them sent to me lol

Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Ice-Forever
All Star

Welp, finished up a little bit ago. Pics tomorrow. Also prob going to go get the 35s put on tomorrow and get it aligned if I have time for both before work. Isn't it bad news to drive around without getting it aligned? **** up ur tires?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Deviate
Professional

You don't want to drive it around for too long without an alignment because nothing will wear down a tire like a bad alignment.

On the shocks, you can drive it with the stock shocks in there and it will ride pretty rough, at least mine did. Even with longer shocks (I put 2500 shocks on it) it's not quite like it was stock. So I imagine the relocation brackets are going to help give you the closest to stock ride.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, you need to do the alignment pretty quick. As far as the shocks go, a lot of guys run with the stockers after a level, so you'll be fine as long as you don't get stupid.

I know a few guys bought from Rocky Mountain, it's why it was one of the three of four places I sent you links to. Nobody has had any issues that I'm aware of. Of course, a lost item isn't there fault, but the brackets are.

It was nice of them to send a duplicate order out though. I had a problem with a GPS I bought my g/f of the time two years ago off the 'net in that it got lost in shipping and the company basically told me I had to put in a claim thru UPS. So my only alternative was to buy a second one and tie up double the $ on my credit card.

Get your brackets, but if you could swing a set of Rancho or Bilstein shocks at some point, you'll be much happier. Stock Ram shocks (whether for a 1500 or 2500) are crap...

Old 12-10-2009, 08:52 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Man I know when i get something for my truck i wanna go put it on RIGHT THEN!!

Congrats on the new kit

Old 12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Nice, you've been through a lot trying to get that darn leveling kit. Congrats.
It'll look great once you get the kit and tires on there.

Quick Reply: Level kit just arrived!