3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seafoam cleansing in a 35 MPH zone

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Drangiz
So I've always been curious. To use Seafoam via the gas tank, all you do is pour it in and then drive like normal? All the smoke and such is only when you put it in via the intake then right? Also, how much do you put in the tank? Half a can? Anyone got a good step by step guide?

I've always wanted to try it, but am afraid of messing stuff up.
You have the thought right. Seafoam in the gas tank works just like fuel injector cleaner. Just pour in and drive like you normally would.

WW, I don't think you really need to waste another $10.00 to do it again, the chances of it not getting all the crap out is slim. I'd wait another 5-10K miles before you have another go at it.

As a side note, you didn't have to drive it like a bat out of hell to get it to do its job. Just let the vacuum slowly pull some through and pour it in the tb while trying to keep it running. Then, once you get to the last 1/8 of the can, go ahead and pour enough through to stall the motor out and let it set for AT LEAST 20 minutes.

And when you fire it up, it should be a little hard starting, but when it hits, it will look like this:

Forum cookie to the person that can identify the song playing in the background.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:17 PM
ramp_rat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
You have the thought right. Seafoam in the gas tank works just like fuel injector cleaner. Just pour in and drive like you normally would.

WW, I don't think you really need to waste another $10.00 to do it again, the chances of it not getting all the crap out is slim. I'd wait another 5-10K miles before you have another go at it.

As a side note, you didn't have to drive it like a bat out of hell to get it to do its job. Just let the vacuum slowly pull some through and pour it in the tb while trying to keep it running. Then, once you get to the last 1/8 of the can, go ahead and pour enough through to stall the motor out and let it set for AT LEAST 20 minutes.

And when you fire it up, it should be a little hard starting, but when it hits, it will look like this:

Forum cookie to the person that can identify the song playing in the background.
Hi there. I'm just a noob to the forum, but I believe the song is "I Was Made for Loving You" by KISS.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:40 PM
leemar4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have read that you should change you oil immediately after using seafoam, but if you just put it in the vacuum hose and gas tank do you still need to change the oil?

Quick Reply: Seafoam cleansing in a 35 MPH zone