3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What's the purpose of the nose down stance anyway?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stuntpilot
The reason for the nose down stance is for stable handling when loaded. When you load the bed the stance levels out. If you have a nose up stance when loaded the handling becomes very unsafe which is why I would never level my truck!
I opted for a 2" level on my truck as opposed to the popular 2.5" and I am well pleased with it,it lets me fit my tires and performs flawlessly.

I have hauled and towed with no "stability" issues whatsoever,I'm respectfully calling BS on that one. I think the main reasons are aero/fuel economy and looks when loaded.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 PM
bloodySUNDAY134
Professional

Originally Posted by 08RamMan
I have had mine leveled for about a year or so. No noticeable handling differences and it just looks good. I don't haul anything that heavy and don't really tow anything either so it works for me. Also, my mileage is about the same.

The ride quality is the same. A co-worker has a Nissan Tundra and that thing rides like crap....I was very surprised at how bad it rode.....one funny note is that she put 22"s on it and said it rides better now. I could not imagine how it rode before if it rides better with 22"s because it rode pretty dang rough. I was looking for the reins...
not trying to be a douche, was it a nissan titan or a toyota tundra? my friend has an '07 toyota tundra and it rides pretty well.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:53 PM
stuntpilot
Professional

Originally Posted by Bluesmanjesse
I opted for a 2" level on my truck as opposed to the popular 2.5" and I am well pleased with it,it lets me fit my tires and performs flawlessly.

I have hauled and towed with no "stability" issues whatsoever,I'm respectfully calling BS on that one. I think the main reasons are aero/fuel economy and looks when loaded.
Respectfully to argue with physics is ignorance.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

It's a truck man not an Indy car,lol. If you need that kind of stability either you can't drive or you need to buy a sports car.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
stuntpilot
Professional

I was always taught not to argue with the ignorant as they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Stuntpilot please don't make this a personal thing,I was just trying to let anyone reading know that I leveled my truck,as many others here have,and have never had any of the "stability" issues that you have implied. I did not ask for your opinion on my personal level of education or intelligence.

I think quotes of over used sayings like your last post may point more to a lack of an intelligent counterpoint from you than anything I may or may not have said.

Last edited by Bluesmanjesse; 12-29-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all I know is all my rowdy friends think it is cool to have it leveled and that's good enough for me!! we don't think there is any physics involved when you get to the mud hole!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:35 PM
MontanaRAM
Captain

i hate the rake, i think it looks pretty dumb, as soon as i have money for an alignment i'll be cranking the tbars.

Quick Reply: What's the purpose of the nose down stance anyway?