3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whats do u guys think of this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:39 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JOHNSN10
lol,im not telling my wife till its in
this is why im single now

congrats on fatherhood.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 AM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol, it took my wife two weeks to realize the truck had exhaust on it. LMAO. all she could say when it was idling was, it sounds like a boat. hahaha

I had a Jensen in-dash in my truck for a minute. It was a pile. buttons quit working, wouldnt pop out have the time just a pain. When it worked, it worked fine, Iw as just scared to jack with it because I didnt know if it was going to work or not.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 AM
jgd2305
Rookie

Just an fyi, the car seat shouldn't go in the middle on the rams, the cutout in the middle doesn't support the car seat all the way on the bottom, and there are no anchors for the middle part, just on the sides behind the front seats (and you can't just use the two inside ones, it would put too much stress on the sides of the child seat frame in the case of an accident). I know this sucks, because when they face backwards, your only option is to slide the passenger seat way forward, luckily my youngest just moved into a forward facing and life is good again.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 AM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

I have 2 kids myself and here in FL I got the dvd player with the screen that attaches to the back of the headrest. The reason I got that is FL law says if you have some sort of tv/dvd player in your vehicle the driver CANNOT be able to see the screen. They insist it's a distraction and WILL give you a heafty ticket for it. The screens are bigger on the headrest ones anyways. By the way....load up on spongebob dvd's while you still have the money. hahahaha

Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Originally Posted by jgd2305
Just an fyi, the car seat shouldn't go in the middle on the rams, the cutout in the middle doesn't support the car seat all the way on the bottom, and there are no anchors for the middle part, just on the sides behind the front seats (and you can't just use the two inside ones, it would put too much stress on the sides of the child seat frame in the case of an accident). I know this sucks, because when they face backwards, your only option is to slide the passenger seat way forward, luckily my youngest just moved into a forward facing and life is good again.
I was biting my tongue from saying that, but it is very true. The backwards facing carseats are too long to fit properly in the middle position. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Prolly mentions that in the owners manual somewhere.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

From my experience with two kids, you'll want to put the baby in the passenger's side rear. Buckle it in tight!!!!!!! Then push the passenger's side seat into the car seat to hold it even tighter. I think you need to stop worrying about the truck for a while, your baby is gonna cost you more than you think!!!!!!!! Just enjoy the new addition.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
JOHNSN10
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys! always good info

Quick Reply: whats do u guys think of this?