3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wat it dew...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I aint bashing it, Im sure it would be badass if I liked that kinda thing....and there arn't really any "haters" on here, I doubt anyone actually hates your truck, has a vendetta against your truck, or loathes you. People might dislike it, but not hate?

And I do appreciate the time you put into it, thats a lot of time and money that you will never get out of the truck other than the enjoyment of looking at it.

But to argue with you a little bit, down here no one really does the dropped thing. The only ones who really do it are the "wannabes" that have their COOGI or big horse Polo shirts on that go down to the mall parking lot on Saturdays and hang out with each other, no girls involved. Also, my rims are powdercoated, and I don't have a pep-boys around me. Wish I did, heard they have some cool stuff, but no pep-boys. Most of my stuff has been bought from sponsors of the forums, and I'm not throwing a lot of money into this truck because I will be getting rid of it at the 3 year mark for a new Superduty. Before bitching, think a little bit, because usually you're wrong in your assumptions.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:48 PM
aftbig
Rookie

I don't expect you to understand my truck or anything I've done to it...after a lil research I realized that you don't understand much about your own truck...ie..how to check your tie rod ends...or remove your cowl. Wink wink. Like previously stated I got a Lil money into my truck...I'd guess 10k so far...and much like yourself I won't get the money I've put into it back...difference between me and you I have a job sitting in my garage right now worth 7k...I did roughly 10k of side work last year...and already got 15k plus lined up for this year. So I'm making money off of my truck. Is the stealership gonna give you the money back you paid to powdercoat ur wheels. Not likely...so for the sake of argueing...you have no other point to make other than you don't like it. Which is fine...I don't care much for your cookie cutter truck either. Wink wink.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
aftbig
Rookie

I find it ironic that you call people with lowered truck that get together to hang out "wanna be's" yet you own a lifted 2wd truck. Classis Pot & Kettle scenario...haha

Old 01-16-2010, 04:58 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

Thats a sweet looking truck man good job

Old 01-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by aftbig
I find it ironic that you call people with lowered truck that get together to hang out "wanna be's"
No no no, not a "wanna be" car or a "wanna be 4x4", we call the White guys that act like Black guys, clothes language etc, wannabe's.

And I make money off of my truck. My truck gets me to medical school which in turn makes money (in almost one year)...but yea, I don't think anyone puts this stuff on their vehicle to MAKE money

One more thing, I don't know a whole lot about vehicles. I'll admit that. I know a lot about BODY mechanics, but not too much about my RAM. That's why I'm on here. Since you've already checked out my threads, you can see that most of the ones i have started are about the mechanics of the vehicle and trying to get advice about it.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:55 PM
aftbig
Rookie

Ah got ya...so the guys who like rap, wear Tall Tees, flat bill hats, baggy jeans, Jordan's, eat fried chicken, and drink 40's...damn I guess I fall into that category also. I didn't realize I was acting like Black Guy's...I thought I was just listening to what I like to listen to, wearing what is comfortable to me, and eating the food I like to eat...Do Black Guy's that listen to country, drive 4x4's, wear wrangler's, cowboy hats, and eat Hamburger's act like White guys...what do yall call them whitabee's. LMFAO. I like fajitas, rice and beans and chalupa's...guess ima mexicabee...lol. Stereotype's are so funny...I get your drift though man...different strokes for different folks...I'm just here to inform you redneck 4x4 drivin snaggled tooth inbread idiots about lowered trucks...no disrespect meant over my 4x4 stereotype by the way...that's just what we call em around here.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing we're still talking about trucks here. What's ur plans on the exhaust placement when you do the swap? Curious where you want that smoke rolling out of

Old 01-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Matt99
Champion

Ah got ya...so the guys who like rap, wear Tall Tees, flat bill hats, baggy jeans, Jordan's, eat fried chicken, and drink 40's...
yea, exactly

Old 01-16-2010, 06:55 PM
playername

I'm just here to inform you redneck 4x4 drivin snaggled tooth inbread idiots about lowered trucks...no disrespect meant over my 4x4 stereotype by the way...that's just what we call em around here.
first off you start the thread about being new here and want to show off your truck. dude thats great and well accepted and respected but then when a few people dont like you truck you go off bashing them? that makes no sense and shows no respect. not all the guys here drive 4x4s and some do drive a lowered truck....maybe not extreme as yours but still it is appreciated around here. i dont know why you would bash the whole forum when only a few bashed you....but hey maybe the oxygen level is messed up between ridin way down there. wink wink

Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 PM
aftbig
Rookie

I was being sarcastic refering to stereotypes...since the fellow I was talking to was being so stereotypical. I in no way bashed the whole forum...unless you are a stereotypical 4x4 guy then my comments were not directed at you....but back to the topic at hand. I'm not sure about the exhaust yet. Due to clearance issues I can't run it all the way to the rear of the truck...nor can I run it to the side. So Ima prolly do a baby stack in the bed. But it won't be visible and gotty. It will be low key and hidden well as to not mess up the overall clean smooth loom I'm goin for in the bed. Not exactly sure what Ima do there yet.

Quick Reply: Wat it dew...