3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ordered a 2 inch leveling kit and got 3 inch spacers is this right ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 10:14 PM
rentprop1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08RamMan
...the spring sits up inside of it. That is why it is a 2" kit. The spring fits in about an inch or so.
I just measured it and this is true, but it just looks way to high, did anyone ever measure a 2 inch spacer or a 1.5 and see ?? ....if you look at pics on line of a 1.5 inch spacer , it looks about 1.5 inches high not 2.5 inches ???

Name:  insidespacer.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  71.8 KB

Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Shiloh - just effing with ya - the shocks are the same....you didn't see the (L) and (R) labels?? LOLOL

Did you install the shocks upside down? Just sayin............

Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Red Ram 07
Rookie

bump it i want an answer...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
hemi slappin
Professional

the 2in will not be to much for it.. you will need new shocks tho for it, cause with the extra 2inches they will bottom out over every bump.. but i have the 1.5 for my truck and it does not sit level at all, you have to think that those poly spacers are going to settle and the front end will lower some too.. stick with the 2 in i wish i would have gotten one for sure, just make sure you get the longer shocks

Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
MOPARPAT
Rookie

Hello all, I have a 2005 2500 qc 4x2 diesel I just installed the 2" lift kit from fat bobs myself, I do not know if it's the same as a 1500, but you have to set the springs like they were from the start, lower a-arm bucket has a low spot where the spring end fits into. I did not do this the first time and it was hard as hell to put the upper a-arm in place. I redone them last night and what a difference, they were off by 180 degrees. My truck drives ok but when I go over a speed bump or dip it makes a big pop sound, fat bobs says the upper a-arm is hitting the upper spring cap. I'm thinkig that getting an alignment might help relieve the strain on the upper a-arm cause we changed the settings adding the 2" spacer, just my thought

Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Deviate
Professional

Just to throw in my $0.02, my spacers looked the same as the ones pictured. The spring sits inside the bottom and the tapered top fits up in the bucket just like the stock isolator does. And the spacer replaces the stock isolator. So it should give you a very nice level.

The ride after installing the spacers with the stock shocks SUCKS to say the least. I could feel every bump in the road. And the truck pulled like a mule to the right until I got the alignment done. Once I got the alignment and put on the 2" longer shocks it rides a lot better. It's not going to ride like it did stock anymore. You did modify the suspension after all.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
rentprop1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Deviate
and the tapered top fits up in the bucket just like the stock isolator does. And the spacer replaces the stock isolator. So it should give you a very nice level.
are you 100 % sure about this the directions do not state weather or not to put the isolator cap thing back on top of the spacer...but ever tutorial I have seen on the net shows people putting the isolator back on top of the spacers during installation ?????

Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Deviate
Professional

I emailed daystar and they confirmed it for me when I was putting mine in. If you put the stock isolator back in there you will end up higher in the front than the rear, unless you add a block in the rear too. Which is what Weed, and probably others, did I believe.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

You probably don't need the isolator any more because it's just a rubber piece to keep the coil from being metal on metal at the top. You're putting a poly spacer so you wouldn't have to worry about it being metal on metal anymore. And for sure on the longer shocks. You WILL notice the truck will ride like chit without 'em.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 PM
cwboyjohnny24
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MOPARPAT
Hello all, I have a 2005 2500 qc 4x2 diesel I just installed the 2" lift kit from fat bobs myself, I do not know if it's the same as a 1500, but you have to set the springs like they were from the start, lower a-arm bucket has a low spot where the spring end fits into. I did not do this the first time and it was hard as hell to put the upper a-arm in place. I redone them last night and what a difference, they were off by 180 degrees. My truck drives ok but when I go over a speed bump or dip it makes a big pop sound, fat bobs says the upper a-arm is hitting the upper spring cap. I'm thinkig that getting an alignment might help relieve the strain on the upper a-arm cause we changed the settings adding the 2" spacer, just my thought
I'm glad you got that fixed last night. Not a lot of people know you have to get that spring in the indention.

Quick Reply: ordered a 2 inch leveling kit and got 3 inch spacers is this right ??