3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Guess I will be getting a new drive shaft......

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Guess I will be getting a new drive shaft......

Well so this is how the story goes..........so I am at Discount Tire getting my new tires put on that I ordered last week (that was going to be my topic, but under the circumstances, it will have to wait). The manager comes in and said that he was out admiring all of the mods I had done to my truck (I shoot the sh*t with him every time I go in for a rotation and balance. I get all of my tires from him.) He asks where I got my exhaust done and I tell him. The he says, "well you might want to go back and have them take a look at it." I asked why and he said come here and I will show you. So there it is.....Here is a little background. I had the Flowmaster exhaust put on two years ago by the same shop. Decided I wanted something different so I went back two weeks ago today and had them relocate the tailpipes to side exhaust......they left the old hangars in place where they cut them with a torch and one of them has been riding against my drive shaft. There is a groove about 3" wide all the way around. Now since it was on there lift I wasn't allowed to go under and check out how deep it was, but that ain't the point. The guy changing my tires took it off of the hanger block and gave it to me. I immediately called the muffler shop and asked to speak with the manager. Of course he was gone for the day and would not be back in until Monday. I explained to the guy who answered the phone what the problem was and he apologized, sensing how pissed I was. I am supposed to call back on Monday. I just hope that they don't want to play the run-around game with me. I am not going to settle for a used shaft or a take it to my buddy and he will take care of you answer. It is going to the dealership to get a new weighted and balanced shaft installed on their dime. That is going to be my final and ONLY answer. Anything less and I will get a lawyer and let them handle it. It didn't go in damaged and I am setteling for it to be damaged now.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your tire guy found it and now you can get it repaired before being stranded someplace.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

not to be a dick, but good luck on getting a new one, and done at the dealer? and lawyer fees will cost you more than a driveshaft will.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Should have not removed the part, just tied it out of the way. You should have at least gotten several pictures before removing the evidence.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on that. Good luck getting anywhere in the court system if it comes to that. Hopefully the shop will have some integrity and admit their wrongdoing and fix the problem. Keep us updated on Monday

Old 02-12-2010, 11:18 PM
rcman0056
Professional

There is a reason you can sue for your problem plus court fees. Hope all goes well.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Yeah I wish you luck, Burden of proof is on you and there is plenty of reasonable doubt after that kind of time frame. Also, This is gonna be a small claims deal, Lawyers are gonna tell you to take a hike.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Kebo
Professional

I have the hanger in my pocket........after I put it back in while the manager is watching.....he will be to see that it matches up exactly where the rub marks are on the drive shaft. And I have the receipt. Two weeks is not that long to figure that there is problem.......now two years ago, would be. I don't want to be a dick about it, but I will. They do excellent muffler work. That is why I went there. Everyone recomended them. Someone just got in a hurry and wasn't paying attention. But left unfound, sooner or later, it would have left me stranded on the side of the road.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:31 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Guess I misread, Thought it was 2 years. Sometimes being a dick is all places understand, Although My thought would be to atleast start off somewhat personable. But it sounds like you have things undercontrol and know what your doing, So I wish you the best of luck at getting this ironed out. I know the situation sucks all around.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Where are the pics? LOL

Hope you get it all worked out though man, really.

Quick Reply: Guess I will be getting a new drive shaft......