3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BFG Mud Terrains

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had the AT KOs and I couldnt wait till the tread burned up. Always loosin grip on the pavement and horrible in the rain. Only plus side to them is they took quite a few screws and nails and never had a blow out. Performance wise on and off the road, was not impressed at all. Now my new ones on the other hand, probably will never buy a different type of tire again

Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
CreativeOffroad
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyo M/T's last longer on pavement then the Nitto's, and they sling mud just as well.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by CreativeOffroad
Toyo M/T's last longer on pavement then the Nitto's, and they sling mud just as well.
Toyo M/Ts might sling mud just as well, but they don't do nearly as well IN the mud....come on, man...you know it! Thats like comparing Outlaws to those swamp devils or something on a fourwheeler. The toyos are about the same as the nitto trail grappler. fact.

The Toyo's are better for on road driving. Not as loud either. But in the mud, NO. I would prbly get the Toyos if i got a pair of MTs though.
Name:  IMG_2916.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  199.6 KB

Last edited by Matt99; 02-13-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Shiloh 24
Record Breaker

With my 2wd I want the best traction possible, if I'd had the money I'd be sittin on Mud Graps right now but I had to settle for these Coopers. Hopefully within the next few years when I need new tires I'll have enough saved, I want to do a 3" body lift with maybe 35" Mud Graps if I can fit em under there.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:57 AM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody is always talkin bad about BFGs. Honestly 285s and 33" BFG ATs are the only tires I have bought in the past ten years. They have ALWAYS gotten me where I have needed to go and most of the time in 2wd. Sand, rocks, mud, cross country, and the only time I've had to use my spare is in Nov when I bent the **** out of a steel rim and just had the tire switched over to my spare rim. I'm not saying there the best tire there is but I've not had any complaints. If I was going to buy a new set of tires for my Ram I think I would get the new KM2s.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Ron-O
Amateur

I've got a set of Mud Terrains on my Jeep. They are great offroad. On packed snow they are like skis. I really don't think I'd put them on the truck, they are more of my "play in the dirt" tire.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 AM
SMKNRAM
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt99
The Toyo's are better for on road driving. Not as loud either. But in the mud, NO. I would prbly get the Toyos if i got a pair of MTs though.
the graps just look so much MEANER!!!! And look so much bigger!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Bigc9164
Veteran

bfg MTs have the best clearing rating of any tire out there..but somehow i still hear alot of bad things about them...but if your gonna spend that kind of money just the the goodyear wrangler MTs!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 AM
bamataco
Veteran

I've had both BFG Mud Terrians and All Terrians. The Muds wear fast on road. But I had always had god luck with them off road. But being that I live in the desert I haven't had them in mud to much. What I liked about them was the thick side walls. They hold up when rubbed up against rocks. I also had BFG A/Ts and had good luck with them also. they did very well in snow and lasted pretty well on road compared to the mud terrains. I have now gone to Bridgestone Revo A/ts ,because I drive on road now more than off road.

Quick Reply: BFG Mud Terrains