3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Going with wheel spacers.... wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
hoss67
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Nah, didn't say you specifically said they were hub centric. If you go back through you will see how RamRango assumed they were hubcentic and then OE replied "fo sho", so i didn't want you to get confused about the truth of the situation and i don't think OE was speaking about that in particular anyways?

As for the driving around town is only good. This is very subjective from one person to the next and the same when your talking about spacers in general. Many guys will tell you don't go offroad with wheel spacers period.
I would much rather have 1/4" spacers than 1.5" spacers. The wider the spacer the more pressure you put on the hub bearings kinda like you were saying about the lugs, however; the wider spacers will put more stress on the hubs than the thinner spacers would on the lugs....if you follow?
Just some food for thought.
ur right, but as for the ones that dont have lugs(1/4), i think put more pressure than the the wider ones.cause the wider ones bolt on to the strong point of ur lugs and then have a set of lugs for your wheels........as for the 1/4 ones, you dont have that extra set or lugs, which makes u bolt the rim and tire on the outer part of your lugs which with enough pressure can bend them. see where im comming from?

and i see what u mean about the hub centric, my bad bro

Old 02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Ice-Forever
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about going with spacers as well so that I could run my 35s on some 06-08 stockers, but after speaking with Hammer about it a bit, I decided I would rather not risk it.

Quick Reply: Going with wheel spacers.... wheel question