3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any interest in a NEW Aeroforce Interceptor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ok deal, listing it now.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weed, I hate to see you sell the ot1 bc I want to hear how it works but it sounds like AF's plan is pretty sound.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

Originally Posted by weedahoe
If I had two I would so keep both and scrounge some funds from somewhere else
Unfortunately, with SR series and the chrysler pcm (and ONLY the chrysler pcm) you cant get the benefits of dual gauges. On anything else you can scan 8 seperate perameters on each gauge (16 total). With the SR series, you can still only scan 8 total. Each gauge will show the same 8 perameters

Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Teach - And the more I get to thinking about it the more Im just not sure. The only thing about the Aeroforce is the investment of the gauge and wideband module plus the fact no datalogging although it can be added with more investment or modules. For those who dont care to datalog it is a good thing and can give real time and live data.

So with that being said AF Hemi, Im regretfully going to have to pass. I have no doubt you will sell it. You also need to place it on the LX board for more exprosure.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

well nevermind, i guess i had a misunderstanding of what the dual gauge setup was. its 2 gauges tied together that cannot be separated. Fortunately, Im smart and was going to wait until i had a buyer for the second gauge before i bought the pair. Since they cant be separated, i'll just get the single gauge?

Weed -- the way i see it, i could pay $350ish for a LC1/LC2/afr guage and only get great datalogging and and afr gauge...

...OR...

... buy the AI w/ wideband kit for $430 total, sell my trans temp gauge for a total net cost of $380. The AI will datalog RPM vs AFR (which is all i need since the DSP does everything else).

Its essentially $30 more to be able to monitor nearly every parameter of the truck all on one gauge...seems worth it to me!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
RubberFrog
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
x2........I just have a prob getting a 250 gauge and needing another 190 kit to make it a fully functional wideband
What's to have a problem with? For $250 you get a trans temp gauge, an oil temp & pressure gauge, a coolant temp gauge, a KR gauge, a spark advance gauge, a volt gauge, an etc (a gazillion other parameters to monitor) gauge.

For only $190 more you get a wideband also. All in one bitchin gauge that let's you keep your grab handle!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
well nevermind, i guess i had a misunderstanding of what the dual gauge setup was. its 2 gauges tied together that cannot be separated. Fortunately, Im smart and was going to wait until i had a buyer for the second gauge before i bought the pair.
So you don't have the gauge yet?

Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

nope. i found an awesome deal for the pair (400 for both) so i was gonna sell one for 220, and then i'd have mine for about 200. then i found out you cant separate them so i'll just order the single guage. moes is the cheapest i've found at $240. any better prices out there?

Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

Not that I've seen. Just to let you know, it took 2 weeks from the time I placed my order with Moes to the time that UPS showed up at my door. Also, you will be getting the silver bezel and white face in addition to what you select for free.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
well nevermind, i guess i had a misunderstanding of what the dual gauge setup was. its 2 gauges tied together that cannot be separated. Fortunately, Im smart and was going to wait until i had a buyer for the second gauge before i bought the pair. Since they cant be separated, i'll just get the single gauge?

Weed -- the way i see it, i could pay $350ish for a LC1/LC2/afr guage and only get great datalogging and and afr gauge...

...OR...

... buy the AI w/ wideband kit for $430 total, sell my trans temp gauge for a total net cost of $380. The AI will datalog RPM vs AFR (which is all i need since the DSP does everything else).

Its essentially $30 more to be able to monitor nearly every parameter of the truck all on one gauge...seems worth it to me!
Ok, Im glad you aer goign to keep them because I wasnt going to post this and ***** with your thread but since you are keeping it well..........time to lay it on you

Ive got the LC1 and OT1. The good thing about this combo is it will do everything the AI will at less of a cost. However, there are pros and cons to everything.

The Aeroforce Interceptor is 250-ish new with another 190 for the wideband for a total of 340-ish. The pro is an AIO device that displays several channels of PID info off the trucks PCM. The con is it cannot datalog without adding additional equipment to it (and software of course).

The Innovate gear can be bought together or separate. HERE is the LC-1 and OT-1 as c combo for $329 or you can get the LC-1 (with DB gauge) HERE for $229 or just the LC-1 HERE (no gauge) for $199. The LC-1 is said to read AFR v/s time and not AFR v/s RPM. So ever though a lot of guys use it and datalog (via LC-1 and software to a laptop) and get good data, they will shoot video that records the RPM (tach) and AFR gauge.

However, you can add the OT-1 or OT-2 (only difference is OT-2 can emit WiFi to an iPhone or PPC to datalog) and then watch AFR v/s RPM as well as more PID datalogging.

So anyway, the con here is the gauge (if bought and used) can only display AFR and nothing else but the LogWorks software can record everything to a laptop and give everything else in on-screen gauges and graphs.

So give me AI for 340 and no datalogging but can display all the info or Innvocate combo for 330 and can datalog everything but only display AFR.

Make sense?

Quick Reply: Any interest in a NEW Aeroforce Interceptor?