3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

karma kicked my butt...i need some advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
OkieDodgeTRP
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98cherryram
If there is anything misrecorded on a traffic violation, then the ticket can be totally disregarded. When I got my reckless driving ticket a few days after I got my license the first thing that my lawyer looked for was to see if there was anything wrong with the report or with the ticket in any way, if there was he was just going to go in and argue that the facts were mismatched and it would have been thrown out right there.

Again you best have a great lawyer, because a ticket is only a SMALL part of the record of the violation. I've ticketed people for wreckless driving as the cite, but I've also put int the notes section that they were going 10 over the speed limit. I didn't fill in the radar portion of the ticket and it still held up in court. Technical issues with tickets are rarely a case winner.....just sayin.

Therefore if you go in and plea not guilty and can prove it, not only will they lower it, but they will completely drop it, and as well that record will actually go against that officer for being dishonest.

You have to be able to prove it without a reasonable doubt before they'll drop the charge.

Also to argue against the street racing if you were going down a hill, make it clear to them that your truck is not a ford pinto and that you can build a lot of momentum going down a hill and with that kind of power your truck will reach a lot higher speeds than what he has claimed, you have many arguments and lots of proof in your favor, dont be afraid to fight it.

The judge will laugh you outta the courtroom for trying to prove that point. Your going 86 which is WELL over the speed limit. Trucks don't coast down hills going 86 unless you have your foot in it. If you do get up to speeds much over 9 over the limit tap your breaks unless you want stopped.

Bottom line here is the OP was speeding and deserves a ticket. I don't kow the speed limits, but here the max limit on normal highways is 70. He was 16 over. I agree that if the trooper clocked him at 86 and wrote for 95, then he needs to have it corrected. But trying to weasel out of the ticket is not gonna happen. Traffic court is very fast paced and the judge isn't really interested in your side of things. I don't agree with that aspect of it, but it is the way it is. Ask any officer, or anyone who has been in traffic court many times at all.

Quick Reply: karma kicked my butt...i need some advice!