3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

time for a programmer

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
08 red ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time for a programmer

hey guys I've decided I'm done waiting for edge to come out with a programmer for the 08. So I have been reading the posts on here and it seems like guys have been happy with the diablo and the superchips. Anyone tried both? preference? also if I go with superchips which would you recommend, and if I go with diablo, the predator or the trinity? I have an 08 hemi with an intake and a cutout. Looking to do more performance mods in the future. so far I am leaning more towards the diablo because of the custom tune in the future. let me know what you guys think. oh and sorry for the long post. thanks

Old 03-08-2010, 02:31 PM
whipkeysd
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems many those who have used both prefer the Superchips because of the much improved transmission shifts. I have the Flaspaq on mine and love it. The 3865 is cheaper than the Cortex and they both have the same features.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
glass3222
Captain

What kind of future mods are you planning?

It seems that most prefer SC unless you are planning to do cams and stuff like that, then diablo is favored.

I have a DSP and I am very happy with it. I got it because I plan to do a cam as well as some other stuff eventually.

Also, you can do a search and find a ton to read about these as well as reading the sticky on the SC and diablo. You will find alot a good info in there.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed superchips...unless you get into a cam then dsp or...im not sure if they have hemi support but a sct tuner but somebody else has to confirm or deny that....

Old 03-08-2010, 04:03 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Diablosport is great for an 08 Hemi. I have one

Old 03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I DRIVE A HEMI RAM DAMNIT!
Rookie

Gary Manahans in Erie pa(where I live and I have do my work) just went to a show and said Edge has theres out..he wanteed me to buy it infact but I want the SC. I dont know if edge supports exhaust and intakes,etc...bc i looked on their website and they said it was for stock systems. I dont personally want it mounted to my dash and I dont really want touch screan...

Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 PM
08 red ram

Originally Posted by I DRIVE A HEMI RAM DAMNIT!
Gary Manahans in Erie pa(where I live and I have do my work) just went to a show and said Edge has theres out..he wanteed me to buy it infact but I want the SC. I dont know if edge supports exhaust and intakes,etc...bc i looked on their website and they said it was for stock systems. I dont personally want it mounted to my dash and I dont really want touch screan...
Do you know how I can get in touch with this guy? I know they have them out for the 2007 but last I knew they dont have them out for any other year. Also who is this guy? I like the features of the edge plus they claim 70 ft.lbs. for the 07's. thanks in advance.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 PM
08 red ram

Originally Posted by glass3222
What kind of future mods are you planning?

It seems that most prefer SC unless you are planning to do cams and stuff like that, then diablo is favored.

I have a DSP and I am very happy with it. I got it because I plan to do a cam as well as some other stuff eventually.

Also, you can do a search and find a ton to read about these as well as reading the sticky on the SC and diablo. You will find alot a good info in there.
a cam is not out of the question for the future, so I'm thinking the diablo is probably my best bet. do you guys think the trinity is worth the money?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
08 red ram

Originally Posted by whipkeysd
It seems many those who have used both prefer the Superchips because of the much improved transmission shifts. I have the Flaspaq on mine and love it. The 3865 is cheaper than the Cortex and they both have the same features.
are the transmission shifts really that much better on the superchips than the diablo for the 08? do you think that could be an update for the diablo in the near future?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:06 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dad has his 05 4.7 1500, has intaek, exhaust, larger then stock tires... what would work good for him?

sorry for the thread jack

Quick Reply: time for a programmer