3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ram hammer intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:25 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ram hammer intake

i live out in the country and my truck sees alot of time off road sometimes in some water. i have a home makde cold air that drops down by the front tire and it has more then once sucked water, never enough to cause problems but i know the day is commin when im goin to hit that pubble thats a little too deap. so im really lookin at gettin a ram hammer. where do you get one from and how much are they?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BFI is the new name btw. And there is a little thread going on right now. Animal something or another (lol I forget user names so easily sorry) has one and loves it. I have heard bad things about the company, not the intake.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

hmmm bad things about the company are never good. what kinda power are yall felling?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

Haha i never said i loved it I was just comparing the two. If you want to drop the $$ go for it. I was expecting more from it because of all the hype people give CAI's so lets just say I wasn't disappointed but I wasn't astonished at the difference it made. The new composite BFI's (the new ramhammer) are supposed to be cheaper than what I paid but you should still expect it to be in the 350ish range is my guess. Who knows when they are going to start shipping them though..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
patriotblueram

the BFI is the new company, same intake just different name. i have the BFI. took over 6 months to get here and that was before they changed the design. they arent currently even taking orders because they changed to a composite material to "cutdown on cost and production time" the company is starting to show signs of the old Ramhammer that ended up taking orders when they didnt have enough of the product, when they went out of buisness there were many people that didnt recieve their refund. personally i would be looking at a different intake, Vararram(havnt heard any problems with water) XDI, K&N, there are many choices out there

Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

The company was having problems keeping up with the demand so there was crazy back orders which started pissing people off. It was taking two months for them to get shipped and stuff started falling through the cracks I guess you would say. I would hate the company too if I had to sit around and wait that long but luckily enough I was away for a few months and it didnt bother me. Though I did spend 35 bucks of my own money to mail someone elses intake across the country because customs screwed up the package labels. that was pretty gay

Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bad animal mother. I was just saying, you liked yours. And it has treated you well.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:43 PM
herring_jerritt
Veteran

i had a k&n but my home built one actuly gave me more power then it did. i hear the vararram gives you insain power. anyinput on that?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Animal Mother
Captain

you know there are guys who are a lot faster than anyone on this forum that swear by the ****ter pipe intake. food for thought. If I didnt mind the idea of pvc pipe attached to my engine I would've just done that instead.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 PM
patriotblueram

Originally Posted by herring_jerritt
i had a k&n but my home built one actuly gave me more power then it did. i hear the vararram gives you insain power. anyinput on that?
honestly one intake from the other isnt going to give you much of an improvement. some of the fastest trucks out there run ****ter pipe intakes..

Quick Reply: ram hammer intake