3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!!! Oil drain plug gacked/stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! Oil drain plug gacked/stuck

Hey all it has been a while since I've been on hope everyone is doing well.

I cannot get the oil drain plug off my oil drain pan because the smucks who, I want to tear a new one, WRONGLY changed the oil and used an impact gun or something on it and I need help because it is well pass the change time. I'm just glad I have Mobil One in it. Read on and see below.

I'm not sure if I posted this back in Nov 09, but I took my "Brandie" to the Car Care center here on Ft Stewart because I have the lifetime tire rotation going on. So I drop her off in the morning. I go to pick it up and I'm looking at it and the tires are on the same corners, they weren't rotated. I go in and asked what was up and they pull out the bill and say " That will be $25.99 for the oil change" "I'm like for what, I brought it in for a tire rotation, how did you get a oil change out of that?!?!" They look stupidly at each other, "Oh no you ordered the oil change, such and such never makes a mistake". Really we look at the bill it's for a Nissan truck, same type color as my Dodge Ram NOT same truck. Oops guess he was wrong I say plus did you guys do a rotation on his truck?!? "Oh yeah the tire rotation, we'll get right on it". I said BTW I use only Mobil One like the sticker says on the rad support and Purolator filters. "Uhhmm, we used Quakerstate and a Fram." "Like I said I use Mobil one!!" so they said we'll get that changed out too. Hey it wasn't that I wasn't understanding but these bozo's F**K with everyone who comes in there, especially the wifes who's husbands are deployed annd to lie/tell me I ordered something I didn't NO WAY!!

So I go to change it out last month and the nut is all gacked up I call them about it and explain to them who I was and what they did, I could tell they remember me because they're himin and hawin over it. So they put on some other bozo. "Well sir if we have a hard time we just use a pair of vice grips on it and it comes off". I know how they gacked it up now, and I'm like well do you have a replacement nut for it? He goes "Sir you have your reciept right? I look at my little folder you get, it doesn't have the oil change reciept on it, just the tire rotation, those FU*KERS!!, Well so now it's no reciept and we don't remember anything about the oil change tire rotation mix up. NEVER going back there!!!!

It's still not coming off I even tried to force a 13mm socket on it and it split the socket. Then I didn't want to but I tried the vice grips, messed it up more, help!!!

Don't worry I'll come up with a good payback on their azz soon, I hate that they do this to just regular guys/girls vehicles. But F-ing with the young ignorant troops and wives that's got to stop.

Thanks to those who are reading this H-

Old 03-14-2010, 08:16 PM
rcman0056
Professional

Go get your oil changed at a shop and bring a filter the oil and a new plug. They will have better leverage on a lift and you will know what oil they put in because you brought it. Or get better vice grips. Make sure the engine is hot because this will help loosen the plug.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a retired military myself, I can certainly relate. One year while deployed a state inspection station (gas station) took advantage of my wife when she went in for her car inspection. Gave her a long list of things that needed to be repaired before her car would pass state inspection. Wipers, battery, brakes, front end alignment, tires, I was surprised they didn't tell her it needed paint. Anyway we didn't have the money for all the **** they listed and she just parked it until I got home. I went down there and it passed without needing anything. That was when the fun started! Bastards to the bone.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:11 PM
bwheelersc
Professional

I had a similar situation with my oil plug when I first changed my oil after i bought the truck. I took a small file and cleaned it up the bolt head a bit, made it fit a 1/2" 6 sided socket. (if you use one of those 12 sided sockets it rounds off the bolt easier) Anyway, I used a 1/2" drive ratchet and a 1 1/4" wrench for a cheater. Finally got it to budge. Just another reason to always do you own work.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Markmm0000
Professional

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
As a retired military myself, I can certainly relate. One year while deployed a state inspection station (gas station) took advantage of my wife when she went in for her car inspection. Gave her a long list of things that needed to be repaired before her car would pass state inspection. Wipers, battery, brakes, front end alignment, tires, I was surprised they didn't tell her it needed paint. Anyway we didn't have the money for all the **** they listed and she just parked it until I got home. I went down there and it passed without needing anything. That was when the fun started! Bastards to the bone.

That is complete BS Virginia's inspection program is run by parsons the same one in Massachusetts. You cant fail a vehicle for a battery, brake pads/rotors, or an alignment. I would have reported that ****er.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:37 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

She had just gotten her license and was completely clueless about what was needed or not. But she smelled BS and knew to walk out.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:26 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran

Thanks all, I'll take it to a "Different" shop after I give it one more shot with some new Vice Grips. Here it was the Army Air Force Exchange Service better known as those freaking Rip -Off Bastards "AAFES" Car Care center. I want to send in one of my wifes friends with a mic and hidden camera. And tell them her husband is deployed and catch those F*ckers red handed. My wife said a lot of the women she works with went there the last time we were deployed and got suckered into extra stuff to buy. Complaints to the AAFES head quarters does nothing. Worst it's a woman manager there running the place.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

We bought my wife a Mini Cooper for her Bday last year and when I went to chanve the oil it was THE SAME wayy. I couldnt get the oil plug to budge at all. I used everything I had and it all slipped. Then I remembered a set of special sockets I bought some time back and never had used. They are specifically for stripped bolt heads and look like this. I had bought them because they looked cool and figured I would use them one day. They sat in the case on the shop shelf for years until I needed them for one use.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:53 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran

Thanks Weedahoe, those look like the ticket. What brand is it and where did you get them from. I 'm into off the wall tools and those look cool too.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 PM
korby05
Professional

Originally Posted by weedahoe
We bought my wife a Mini Cooper for her Bday last year and when I went to chanve the oil it was THE SAME wayy. I couldnt get the oil plug to budge at all. I used everything I had and it all slipped. Then I remembered a set of special sockets I bought some time back and never had used. They are specifically for stripped bolt heads and look like this. I had bought them because they looked cool and figured I would use them one day. They sat in the case on the shop shelf for years until I needed them for one use.

I have a set of these when I stripped the oil plug on my quad... They are well worth the money even if you don't use them very often but they will always get you out of a jam when you need it..They sit in my truck everywhere I go b/c you never know when you'll need them

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! Oil drain plug gacked/stuck