3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Who says the 03's arent tuneable??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
FireFighter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! What are the specs on your cam and what kind did you put in? Dyno sheets please.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 AM
jroy
Professional

Sounds great.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i gotta say is fukk yeah...sounds great wanna see a vid hell drive down we'll play....and ill take the vids....

Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

holy hell, you cammed that bich! looks like i've been missing out on a lot... very interested camming now... but i will wait till you have some more time to get it tested

Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

just an update...

put a few miles on the truck (about 30), and already the stuttering issues it had when i first installed it are gone. The PCM likes it It never drops below 500 rpms, never tries to stall, and only goes to 500 rpms on occasion when coming to stop after driving for a while (getting off the highway and stopping at the off-ramp light). For the most part its idling right around 650-700 which gives it a killer lope. I've already had about a dozen people tell me how good it sounds (in person, not counting all you guys on here).

I talked with Marty and he said if after driving around for a while I couldnt get it to settle down (the issue of trying to stall, but not ever actually stalling) I could try the Split Second cam tuner (not the PSC1-003) which is a plug and play deal that tricks the computer into thinking it has a vaccum pressure of around 18 instead of 13. He advised against anyone trying to drill any size hole whatsoever in the throttle body butterfly valve. Anywho, looks like i wont be needing the "cam tuner" cause this babys happy. I'll try to get a rent-a-friend to shoot some videos for me this weekend

Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

You are a pimp.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
cheapbeater
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so all you're running is a diablo with a custom tune from KMC? is that a torque cam? did you notice any losses/flat spots anywhere in the power band?

mind if i ask what what everything ran ya? cam, springs, tune...

Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

no flat spots in the cam at all. it pulls HARD all the way through the power band (which doesnt take long to fly through). The cam pretty much falls on its face at around 5000, which is fine because thats where i'm shifting. Yes, all im running is a DSP with the custom tune from Marty at KRC.

Total cost: For DSP, cam, springs, rods, all fluids, bolts, custom tuning, all datalogging equipment, (am i forgetting anything?) cost was around $1500 if i can recall.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:18 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

This is exciting, ps keep us updated.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

went and got the o2 bung welded in tonight so i can start datalogging with the wideband AFR. The shop owner did it after hours and said "tell ya what, gimme a lift just up the road to the detail shop to get my truck and we'll call it even". gave me a chance to smoke some rubber and impress the "H-E-double hockey sticks" out of the cheby owner

Quick Reply: Who says the 03's arent tuneable??